Blue Bay no longer manages this hotel. It is now called Los Angeles Locos. I don't know the history, so I'm not sure if that is good or bad . The new management has their work cut out for them as this facility will require a lot of attention to get it back into shape. It's glory days are over.
This resort is 30 years old and it shows it's age. I don't have a problem with old, but things have to work and be clean. This involves basic maintenance and this is severely lacking. Our air conditioner (in 2 separate rooms) didn't work and we were told it was because "the building was old". Dresser drawers were either broken or nailed shut, bathroom faucets lacked screens so they would spout water all over the counters, half of the lighting in our room didn't work, and in one of our rooms on the top floor, the entire balcony was covered in bird feces from the 20 or so birds that roosted every night right above our balcony door. They need to figure out something so that birds aren't living there because our balcony wasn't useable. This building needs regular power washing.
We were disappointed in the food at the resort. Basic things like cream, butter, fruit juice (that wasn't synthetic) and ripe fruit were non existent. The second night we were there, my grand daughter was ecstatic when she found a cockroach in the dining room. We were not as excited.
We really enjoyed the other guests at the complex. Most of the guests are middle class Mexicans that are bussed in for 3 or 4 night stays they bring their kids and are there to have fun. No complaining, just head to the beach or pool and have fun. They were friendly and would always have an "hola" and a big smile for us. The evening shows are done entirely in Spanish.
Here is other points of interest
We spent 14 nights there and did not get sick.
Turtle release program was fun to be involved with
Jungle/ Mangrove tour was free and fun. Rico did a great job
Horse back riding was free and a fun trip up and down the beach
No toaster so no toast for breakfast. No bacon :(
Beer signs indicate Tecate beer but it's really Dos Equis XX in the taps
Taxi drivers are local and don't know much about Manzanillo. No english either
The beach is absolutely beautiful.
There is no car rental available.
Closest bank machine is about 35 minute taxi ride
WiFi is limited to the lobby and some parts of the pool area
All the staff are great and most speak at least basic English
Some staff really stood out for us. They made our trip enjoyable.
Maria, Pedro, Ernesto at customer service
Pedro at the Seafood restaurant
Pedro, Hugo, Gustavo at the buffet and Mexican restaurants
Martin, Chevren at the Italian restaurant
Carlos, Sergio, Jorge at the bars
Omar, Victor and Charlotte at activities
The main problem with this resort is cleanliness. They need to clean, clean, clean because....... when things are dirty they really look old, run down, worn out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star all inclusive resort located in the idyllic beaches of Tenacatita Bay, in Mexico's famed Costalegre, only 45 minutes from Manzanillo's Airport. Fulfill your dreams and connect with nature..take a jungle riverboat ride through the magical world of pristine mangroves or go horseback riding along our extensive beach. A haven of fun and relaxation for nature lovers and lovers of all kinds! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Locos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos Hotel Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos
- Blue Bay Village