Overall Blue Bay is a great place for some R and R. Food is pretty good for a 3 star. Beds are hard as rocks. Bars are best if you tip. Beach is fabulous.
Tips and tricks:
Go down and put your towel on a pool chair with a cushion as soon as you wake up. There's not alot with cushions and after the night you have on the bedrock, you'll want something softer than hard plastic to sit on to read. The cushioned loungers are under a canopy all together but youou can roll these chairs anywhere you want. After you stake out your lounge and move it where you want, pick up a coffee and bring it back to your room for a nice morning on the balconey.
I purchased and brought a 2 inch memory foam mattress topper. It took up a third of my bag and only helped the bed a little bit. But it was still worth it. Didn't bring it home.
Weekends are insane with nationals. Bring you ipod because the announcements and entertainment starts at he pool early and it's loud and all in Spanish. The pool area on the weekends is also over run with babies and toddlers. I swear its like plopping down with your sunscreen and book bag right in the middle of a daycare. Very noisy. Cute but noisy.
Specialty restaurants are ok. I liked the mexican best but the beach bugs bite harder at night so wear long pants or lots of bug spray The seafood place has a ceasar salad that is a piece of romaine with thousand island drizzled on it.
i got a fairly substantial injury from swimming in the giant waves. My own fault. No one else was swimming for a reason!! It was fun though, and I'm sill kickin so beware and don't swim alone. We were there for a week and i"m not sure I could have done two. There's just not enough to do. And I'm still aching from the hard beds nearly a week after being home.
The place is as clean as a whistle and I never saw one fly on the buffet.
The chocolate pastry absolutely fantastic and worth hacking off a piece to bring home if you're lucky enough to see it on your last day. Mine didn't make it home but everyone on my plane was jealous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star all inclusive resort located in the idyllic beaches of Tenacatita Bay, in Mexico's famed Costalegre, only 45 minutes from Manzanillo's Airport. Fulfill your dreams and connect with nature..take a jungle riverboat ride through the magical world of pristine mangroves or go horseback riding along our extensive beach. A haven of fun and relaxation for nature lovers and lovers of all kinds! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Los Angeles Locos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos Hotel Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos
- Blue Bay Village