My wife and I spent 7 days in this Blue Bay resort and we were both happy with our trip.
Our room was on the 4th floor, which had a nice view but be aware there is no elevator. Our bathroom in the room was recently renovated and was very clean and nice.
The pool was well maintained and was mopped several times per day. There were an excess of mosquitoes in the evening.
There were four restaurants on the resort, however we only ate at three of them.
Standard Buffet Restaurant
The food was okay, there was always fresh fruit and vegetables available at the buffet. The turkey and pork tenderloin were excellent however the beef at the buffet was stringy. The breakfast omelette bar was very good.
As part of our package we had two passes to the 'special restaurant'. The food and service in this restaurant were very good. Be aware that you have to book at 5pm the day before to get a reservation at this restaurant and you will need the pass with you both when you book and also when you dine. This restaurant is an a la carte with a 5 course meal. I was never disappointed with any of the food we got at this restaurant.
There was a small snack hut just off the beach which we ate lunch at several times between activities. They had a limited selection and made hamburgers (beef or chicken) and hot dogs as well as nachos. This was handy when we were playing beach volleyball or soccer since it was right on the beach.
All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Some of the tour staff did not speak English so plan on either speaking Spanish or at least have someone with you who can if you plan on the horseback riding or the Mangrove tours.
We enjoyed the daily activities including the beach volleyball, soccer, water polo, and pool volleyball. The activities coordinators were great and ensured everyone enjoyed themselves during these activities. We took the horseback riding tour which was disappointing and I would recommend skipping since the horses did not seem to be treated well and strolled along the very short ride extremely slowly. The mangrove tour was better however and we enjoyed that. We also paid for a snorkeling tour in Tenacatita which was definitely worthwhile since there is a small coral reef there with several very colorful fish and rays.
Off the resort:
We spent two afternoons off the resort and had a great time on each.
Hike to Tenacatita
We took a 45 min hike to Tenacatita and did some shopping and ate lunch in the town before we hiked back. Initially we were worried about how safe we would be and the quality of the food we would find, however we had no trouble at all.
Cab tour of Barra de Navidad
We decided to take a cab tour which we arranged with the front desk of the hotel to Barra de Navidad. The cab driver stopped at several viewpoints and took us to see some crocodiles on the way and then met us a prearranged 2 hours later to bring us back to the resort. There was several silver and crafts vendors (mostly selling the same stuff) and we stopped at a very good cafe.
Overall we had a great time and would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star all inclusive resort located in the idyllic beaches of Tenacatita Bay, in Mexico's famed Costalegre, only 45 minutes from Manzanillo's Airport. Fulfill your dreams and connect with nature..take a jungle riverboat ride through the magical world of pristine mangroves or go horseback riding along our extensive beach. A haven of fun and relaxation for nature lovers and lovers of all kinds! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Los Angeles Locos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos Hotel Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos
- Blue Bay Village