“Great View but rooms are very basic”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel El Guajataca

Hotel El Guajataca
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quebradillas
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Great View but rooms are very basic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2006

I stayed here 3 nights, the hotel gets lots of locals on the weekend but is empty during the week. The room is very basic, with a small bancony. There are tiny ants all over the place, don't keep food in your room or they will be in it! I complained about the ants but they did nothing. I even changed rooms from the original I was in, the 2nd floor was a little better. The pool is Hugh! I had it myself during the week. The biggest attraction at this Hotel is the view and beach. The waves are BIG, you cannot swim here but if you like hanging out on the beach, this is the spot! Be careful if you walk in the surf, I cut my foot on some coral and had to have the life guard fix me up.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Ants!
  • Tips/Secrets — There is a great lookout at the top of the hill, pull over and check out the view! Also, down the road is a park with an old train tunnel you can walk through right along the beach.
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank vettewomanpa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2006

Very nice view, pools where excellent but rooms are in need of a renovation asap. Food was good but not much to choose from. Bar ok but did not have any ice for the rooms or DRINKS. This hotel can be such a special place if only they renovated the place. Also did not like the fact that we had to share the pool with people that are not staying in the hotel. I hope the management reads this too. The got alot of work to do.

Stayed July 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Norfolk, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2006

If you are loking for luxury and pampering, go elsewhere. If you want the most gorgeous view and a patio to look off of, sounds of ocean waves to lull you to sleep, stay here. Great for kids with a playground and pool. I have been there > 10 times. Bakery and retaurants nearby.

I have been to Puerto Rico > 20 times for business and love to come here for privacy and the view

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank Palooka
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2006

We stood one night, it was like staying @ a cheap motel except for the view. It was like pulling teeth to get clean towels and the room was very dull. The view was nice but nothing extravegant. The pool was really the only nice thing although we had to wait for the life guard to show up. ( he was late) I would never, ever return there. The soda machines were broken. The ice machine was no where to be found. It really wasn't a nice stay at all. Sorry

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Quebradillas hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2006

My girl and I stood at this hotel WHAT a BIG mistake.... We payed $140.00 for the night and they dont even have room service. They are worse than a cheap motel. The vending machines do not work. The restaurant was very expensive and serves only sea food. What about people that are allergic to sea food? The room was nasty with peeling walls and the A/C work as loud as a truck. The did not gave us shampoo, rinse or nothing in the bathroom. Anyway I do not recommend this place. It s----.... It can not be rated....

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2005

My husband and I were suppose to stay for 4 days we only stayed 1 night. This place is terrible I spent the whole enitre night killing bugs and roaches in the room. The food in the restaurant had a bug in my rice. I was so disapointed this place has a wonderful view of the ocean but the cleanliness is terrible. The room was so dirty I didnt even want to lie on the bed. For the amount of money this place charged us for a night you could go further up to Aguadilla and stay at El Cielo Mar and get a wonderful room with delightful people. Thats what we did, thank god we were able to get a room at that place. I would not stay in the hotel even if the room would be free of charge. Please no one stay here, my husband and I stood 2 nights in San Juan at the Hilton what a difference to this place.

• Stayed June 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2004

My husband and I stay here often when we are in PR. It serves as a weekend getaway from the professional responisbilites that bring us to PR every year. It is not a hotel that exists to serve Americans, it is where PR families stay for their vacations. The rooms are minimal, hard beds, basic shower, but clean. If you are looking to get a pampered hotel stay, don't go there. While the surf is too rough to swim, everything else about it is wonderful. While I have been to many "beachfront" hotels, more often than not: the hotel is on the beach alright, but you can't see it unless you get outside and walk a bit. Here every room faces the beach, you can just experience it sitting on your balcony. Just north of there, up the highway, is a senic overlook that is breathtaking. And if you are adventurous enough, you will eat lunch from the vendor that parks up there, very delicious authentic PR food! Back at the hotel, you can walk along the shore, scramble over rocks until you reach the spot where a small river/creek opens into the ocean. Often you will see local families coming there to swim. Most of the time you will be the only mainlanders there. You definitly need a car. There are a couple of decent restaurants in the area, one has a tables on a porch so even as you eat you can look out over the water. Very relaxing, very Carribbean!

11 Thank dainaadele
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quebradillas
Royal Isabela
#1 of 4 in Aguadilla
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 8 in Rincon

Been to Hotel El Guajataca? Share your experiences!