Hotel El Guajataca
Villa Abby B&B(Quebradillas)(Great Value!)
$65
$145
$118
Parador Vistamar(Quebradillas)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbeautiful ocean viewmofongowould stay here againocean frontbalconytunelisabellapr
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I made reservations two weeks prior to my arrival on June 16, 2009. Checking in alone was dissatisfying. I was asked to wait outside the clerk's office while he attended another guest. So long was the wait that I went for a walk and returned 20 minutes later figuring this was more than enough time. No such luck! After waiting yet another 10 minutes, I went for a second walk. Upon returning the clerk greeted me courteously but rendered no apology for my wait.

I checked into room 202. As soon as I entered, I heard voices from the room next door. Not that the next-door guests were loud. But, the rooms were connected by a common door which was too thin, making it possible for me to hear their conversation.

I requested another room. I was sent to room 208. As I made my way to 208, I observed several pieces of litter and an outdoor lamp dangling from exposed wiring. Although this room was not connected to another, I was appalled by what I experienced upon entering. Flies and mosquitoes buzzed around as I took a wiff of a foul odor. The bathroom window had no screen and could not be closed allowing insects to enter. The room's brown floor tiles and decor was dark, drab, and depressing. Given that I was hungry, I left my luggage and proceeded to the restaurant. But...it was closed that day!!!

I left disappointed in search of a nearby place to eat. Having found a nearby place, I mentioned my experience to the waitress. She told me how she'd heard similar complaints. She then recommended a place across the road from Guajataca called Parador Vistamar. As soon as I finished my early dinner, I drove to Vistamar and was amazed by what I saw. Not only was the place modern, clean, and with a better view but, the room fees were lower!!!

I raced back to Guajataca and told them I needed to check out. They would not reimburse me. I explained the odor and fly issue in room 208. I was handed a bottle of odorizing spray and was told that someone would be there soon with insecticide. "No thanks" I said. And with that proceeded to leave minus 118 dollars.

I have no regrets for the decision I made. I enjoyed two beautiful days at Vistamar. This is one place I will definitely return to. BUT NOT GUAJATACA!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Chacho_Keva
Reviewed February 21, 2009

This is a run down place that cater primarily to local weddings. During our stay the restaurant was closed ("kitchen repairs"), personnel not friendly, breakfast awful (no place to sit, one day no coffee, another day almost no food). They show two pools on their web site. One pool is dirty and there is nobody to clean it, another is supposed to be attended by a life guard, and for this reason always locked. Only one eatery nearby - an extremely overpriced seafood restaurant with bad food. The room overlooked the ocean and it's really beautiful, but the beach is not suitable for swimming - too many sharp rocks. Everything you can go see from Guajataca is accessible from San Juan.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank comfytravel
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Excellent stopover. ..in reception the girls were very kind, very clean the room, excellent pools, the most that we enjoy was the jacuzzi, the unique thing that didn't like a lot was that the restaurant that does not have a lot of variety in foods, but have very excellent service. ..and they should remodel the outsides of the inn so that be seen prettier, but of the others attractive we be recommended him!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank WiWi198
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We stayed at the Guajataca with a large group of family and friends for a local wedding. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly and accomodating once you ask them for whatever it is that you want. It has a basically local clientele and as such is not up to the tourist oriented hotels that you find nearer San Juan or in the resort areas. The view is magnificent and rivals any worldwide (and I've seen many), but the hotel itself is getting long in the tooth. One really big negative was the noise! The outside bar is open Thurs, Fri, and Sat from midnight until the wee hours (0530!). The music rocked the walls and it was impossible to sleep. We had a great stay because of the nature of our group and really enjoyed the warm reception of our Puerto Rican hosts in nearby Isabella, however, this would never be on my list of vacation destinations otherwise.

• Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Worst property ever employees don't know what are they doing totally deorgaized,poor maintenance, dogs everywhere. I think owners are trying to fool people and thats why there are some good reviews, food aweful!!! service kind of good can do better. Very bad administration. they can do better it they sell.
Don't ever stay there!!!
Ralph

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Albert03
Sureya, owner at Hotel El Guajataca, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2007

the hotel is under construction, and we have to wedding the same date, the person know that is one wedding before, their wedding, and they accept the terms. When we asked they say is ok no problem, and because we leave a tent for back up, because the father of the bride ask for the tent, they are not happy. we try to do or best, only one is happy, sorry we do or best