“Pricey but nice”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The ambiance of the restaurant is very beautiful and intimate. The food is pretty good -- except I had the filet which was one of the worst filets I have ever had. The place is pricey.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

There is nothing bad to be said about this restaurant. Service, food, ambience were all very good. This was our third time in the restaurant and it has been the same every time. An enjoyable meal was had by all.

2  Thank mbrichter
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We ate here on a Friday night after a full day of sightseeing and beach time, not wanting to go out of the hotel. We enjoyed the décor and the service-very friendly and professional without being overly intrusive. The menu is pricey, but with a bottle of wine, appetizer and two entrees, we felt the total check was no more than we spend at home for a fine meal. We called for a reservation a couple of hours before we wanted to eat, and had no trouble getting a table. The restaurant was not at all crowded. We began with an appetizer of a cheese and meat board that was huge and varied...and that was the small size. A large one could have made a meal by itself. I had a veal dish and the staff was most gracious about accommodating a change in the side pasta. My husband had a seafood pasta dish and both meals were very tasty. Overall we were more than pleased with our meal. The entertainment in the lobby bar with a live band and dancing until the wee hours completed a lovely evening.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have been dining at this restaurant inside the El San Juan hotel for more years than I care to admit to. It has always been the go to Italian restaurant in the San Juan area because of the quality of the food and the service. I was there with some of my family in late January. The food was not good including the ceasar salad we always loved and a variety of pastas, eggplant and veal. The service was still great but the food was awful and the price was even more awful, simply outrageous.
I returned several more times to the El san juan this year and decided on the last stay to try it again.Big Mistake!!Service was still fine, however, my friend and I shared a caprese that tasted like a mouth full of quarters. We spoke, they removed the charge.Nice. We each then had an order of spaghetti with clams. There was more sand in the clams than on the beach. Totally inedible. We received our check. The price of the 2 clam dishes was $78.00. I really wanted to look at the menu again to check the price, but we just had to get out of there. But still good service!!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I love this restaurant that is located in the El San Juan Hotel and Casino in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is so elegant with its white sparkly decor and romantic banquettes. The food is another reason I like to eat here. Fantastic pasta and traditional Italian dishes served by highly professional staff that make you feel right at home. This is another reason why I like to stay at the El San Juan. Be forewarned that the food is pricey, but they make you feel like royalty when you are dining here. My only complaint is that the acoustics are bad. When the restaurant is busy (as it usually is), it can be difficult to carry on a conversation. I would like to see the tables placed a little farther apart and something done to make the atmosphere (in terms of sound) as elegant as the food and the decor.