“They don't serve what we ask for -trick us with another fish”

Nagoya Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #48 of 191 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This week a friend and I went for dinner at Nagoya Mike's, we've been there few times before having a good impression but definitely not this time. We ask for 3 rolls and a appetizer one of the rolls we ask for was Salmon Skin -that wasn't in the menu but I had it there before- they brought it late to the table -like when we ere finishing the other 2. The Salmon Skin Roll looked yellowish salmon was thick breaded and fried tasted gummy at once we thought the wrong roll and that it was chicken; until now we don't know what we had but CERTAINLY NOT THE COLOR OR THE TASTE OF THE SALMON AND NEITHER THE CRUNCHINESS OF THE SKIN. The chef came to the table first he said that was what what I asked for and then he apologize -saying that we didn't like it the way he did the roll- and took it of of the check. I felt it was a trick as a costumer I prefer to be told that you don't have what I ask so I can look for something else in the menu

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were looking for a sushi place that was more "local" than the resorts had to offer - and we found it. GREAT selection, creative roll combinations, and the atmosphere is really fun. There are 2 other sushi places nearby, and this one was packed with locals - the best indication that the food is great. When we walked in, the friendly staff and patrons quickly moved around to accomodate us since there were no open tables. A table was grabbed, chairs were moved and we were immediately seated and treated to some of the best sushi we've ever had! A must-visit if you're looking to get out of the resorts and enjoy a fun, casual, awesome meal.

1  Thank aty555
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Go to Fojou instead! Better deals, better quality and better service!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

A must taste in PR!!! The best ine ever! Many creations and so on!

1  Thank Estela19
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Would strongly recommend this place over the others on the same road. My husband and I had a fantastic dinner there the other night.....unagi sushi, tuna roll and a manhattan roll that was unique and very good. They have some different combination of sushi to choose. The saki was ok...on the cooler side, but an excellent place if you want sushi in the area.

1  Thank Melissa S