“Decent food, but service was a complete disappointment.”
Review of Made in Puerto Rico - CLOSED

Made in Puerto Rico
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent food, but service was a complete disappointment.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Staying down the street from this restaurant, we decided to try it one night. My mom ordered a shrimp dish, and I ordered the plantain-stuffed chicken. We were both disappointed in the shrimp, which the waiter had recommended, although she enjoyed my chicken, which was good but not amazing. My mom also ordered a half pitcher of their sangria, which was very good. Our waiter was kind and hospitable, although his hospitality could very easily become a bit annoying. This is real Puerto Rican food, although there is other Puerto Rican food available in the area without the awful service. Earlier tonight, we decided that we were going to go there and try it again. When we walked in, there was extremely loud salsa music playing and a buffet/party sort of thing going on, which didn't bother us too much and we decided to eat there anyway. After being seated in the middle of the loud music by a waiter, we waited 15-20 minutes for a waiter to walk over just to take our drink order and say hello. All this in the middle of extremely loud music, at a restaurant with only 2 tables of around 6 people each. While we were waiting, my mom could see the female waitresses dancing in the corner to the music together, while I could see all of the male waiters standing around the hosts' podium at the entrance of the restaurant. After waiting this period of time, which we found to be completely unnecessary, we decided to get up and leave as we had not even seen our waiter yet. Thankfully, no one stopped us on our way out and we went to Plato's down the street for a yummy and similarly priced dinner. It is unfortunate that Made In Puerto Rico lost us as customers because their waiters and waitresses were too busy socializing to serve their customers, although we were very happy with the food and awesome Tres Leches cake(one of my favorites) which we received at Platos just a short walk down the street.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Danielle B

Naples, Florida
“The Ultimate PR Experience!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

When you're done being a tourist and are ready for the "get down", be sure to stop by Made in Puerto Rico and get the real feeling of the island. The servers couldn't be friendlier, but don't expect any highfalutin service; you'll be treated like family... a loud Puerto Rican family.

The waitresses walk around with curlers and everyone is yelling. And the food? TOP NOTCH!!! You can't go wrong with any of the Mofongos, and the and the cuchifritos (alcapurrias, sorullos , arepas, bacalaitos, etc.) are spot on. Get yourself a pitcher of sangria too.

• Visited November 2012
“Great concept, bad service, regular food.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Just regular overpriced food with very bad service in a good place. If you want good service and tasty food go to Metropol just in front. I hope they listen and improve.

Corpus Christi, Texas
“A must visit if in Isla Verde”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Across the street from Metropol, this restaurant is easily overlooked.

I'm glad I stopped in! A live band was blaring out Caribbean music, with many of the waiters dancing along between serving.

Be forewarned, the menu is entirely in Spanish. I was unsure of what I wanted, and the waiter hinted to me that they were roasting a whole pig out back and even let me see it! The pork was simply amazing and delicious. I could literally eat the caramelized onions by themselves.

If you're looking for a taste and flavor of the island, do not miss this place.

Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States
“Jibaro dining at its best”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stumbled on to this restaurant they day I arrived. The GM came over to us to ensure our visit was up to par. He was very attentive and personable. The food was very good. Huge platters...enough to share (family style). The decor and ambiance was very expressive. Waitress wore uniforms of batas and rollers! The concept was "ol skool". I enjoyed every aspect of my visit. A must visit!!

• Visited November 2012