“Great Memories, Great Captain”

Caribbean Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Caribbean Outfitters provide a premier sport fishing charter in San Juan since 1994. We offer Deep Sea Fishing on a beautiful Bertram 35 fully rigged for marlin, swordfish, tuna, mahi-mahi and wahoo. All Shimano Tiagara and Penn International reels will be provided along with fresh ballyhoo and top branded lures. Fully bathroom and salon are part of the comfort First Lady will provide. Our light tackle for tarpon division offers 2 state of the art bay boats. A Pathfinder 24 fully rigged a Yamaha four stroke 200hp, 100 gallons of bait wells, full color fish finder, 25 gallons of fresh water, Shimano Stella reels, Fluorocarbon leaders and Owners hooks, is our live bait fishing machine. As part of our fleet we provide a Hydra Sport Bay Bolt fully rigged with plenty of room for fly fishing. With the best American and local staff, Caribbean Outfitters will provide a full sport fishing experience in San Juan. Sport Fishing Mag. April 2010 Feature Caribbean Outfitters and San Jose Lagoons as one the top 14 places in the world for tarpon.
Pearland, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Memories, Great Captain”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After doing considerable research, and talking to Capt. Omar we decided to book a trip with Capt Omar and Carribean Outfitters. Being the days right after the full moon, I knew the variables could be stacked against us. The whole goal of the trip was to put my 9 year old son on his first tarpon. What a success. Capt. Omar and his young capt. in training were great. Their patience and presence were great. We went 2-5 on our bites, landing two tarpon between 60 and 90 lbs. Great Memories, Great Times. Would not hesitate to recommend Capt. Omar and can't wait for my next trip. Tight Lines!

Visited August 2013

Fairhope, Alabama
“Hooked”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently went to Puerto Rico on a vacation and went Tarpon fishing with Captain Omar. I had never been Tarpon fishing before but was excited about the adventure. Captain Omar and Nick were fun to fish with, friendly, sociable, knowledgeable about the sport, and lucky for me, serious about their job.......taking customers out and getting them on the fish. That is exactly what they did for me and I put a 55 lb. Tarpon in the boat. Its not often that I run into people that take that much pride in what they do and are that concerned about the customer being successful. They were stand up people. Thanks Captain Omar and Nick....it was awesome and I look forward to coming back again.

Visited August 2013
“Great day tarpon fishing!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We had s great time fishing with Capt. Omar. He is a very experience guide who even took time to investigate new areas to fish based upon unexpected tarpons activities. Alway learning even after 20 plus years of experience, a sign of s true fisherman. We landed one fish and hooked into another. But experienced a few priceless moments on the water. Captain Omar is also passionate about his community and the natural resources that have supplied him a very fortunate career . I would highly recommend his services when your in San Juan .

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing experience like no other!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

1st time tarpon fishing, now I am hooked for life. Both our kids got nice size fish in the boat on a day when no one else was catching. Omar was fantastic! He was knowledgable, professional, passionate for his craft and great entertainment for our whole family. My wife and daughter had never fished before and now they are asking when they can go again. I have fished a lot and this was in my top three experiences.

Silver Lake, KS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently went tarpon fishing with Captain Omar on our visit to Puerto Rico. The Tarpon were a little finicky that day but we had bites, and had 4 on the line but didn't manage to get any in the boat. This trip was still wonderful and I would do it again in a heart beat. The lagoons we fished in were beautiful and Omar constantly put us on fish. He was very professional and knowledgeable. I asked a lot of questions and learned a lot. Omar was very nice and easy going and you can tell he is really passionate about fishing and sharing his knowledge and experience with others. We could have sat out there and talked for another 6 hrs. I had originally wanted to use my fly rod but Omar advised that a spinning rig with dead bait would be better because of the conditions and high amount of rain they had got the past couple days. I highly recommend anyone looking to fish for tarpon to book with Omar. I am definitely planning another trip if not many more to go fishing with Omar again.

1 Thank Tyler H