“Back country kayak fishing”

Caribbean Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Caribbean Outfitters provide a premier sport fishing charter in San Juan since 1994. We offer Deep Sea Fishing on a beautiful Bertram 35 fully rigged for marlin, swordfish, tuna, mahi-mahi and wahoo. All Shimano Tiagara and Penn International reels will be provided along with fresh ballyhoo and top branded lures. Fully bathroom and salon are part of the comfort First Lady will provide. Our light tackle for tarpon division offers 2 state of the art bay boats. A Pathfinder 24 fully rigged a Yamaha four stroke 200hp, 100 gallons of bait wells, full color fish finder, 25 gallons of fresh water, Shimano Stella reels, Fluorocarbon leaders and Owners hooks, is our live bait fishing machine. As part of our fleet we provide a Hydra Sport Bay Bolt fully rigged with plenty of room for fly fishing. With the best American and local staff, Caribbean Outfitters will provide a full sport fishing experience in San Juan. Sport Fishing Mag. April 2010 Feature Caribbean Outfitters and San Jose Lagoons as one the top 14 places in the world for tarpon.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

An awesome lodge, great food and a wonderful fishing trip! Omar is a great host and an incredible guide, as are his 2 guides, Dave & Grif, I never imagined seeing so many tarpon in such a beautiful back country setting, only minutes from downtown! Tarpon Nest is first rate and the overall experience was world class. Well done, guys!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"calgary alberta"
"experienced fisherman"
in 2 reviews
"you will not be disappointed"
"bait"
in 10 reviews
"pinnacle"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed December 3, 2012

After years of hearing what a great skipper Omar is, I finally found out for myself. Omar and his outstanding guides, Griff & David, ferried a group of us kayak-angling enthusiasts on "motherskiffs" about the lagoons and put us on fish, big time. Everyone caught tarpon and snook. All three of these captains are about as affable and enthusiastic as any guide you'll find anywhere, patient and funny dudes. The new Tarpon's Nest Lodge is great -- clean, laid-back and right on the water at the edge of the lagoon system or a short ride out the inlet to blue water. I'd go back in heartbeat, given the chance (and tangle with some of those many bad-boy tarpon that i jumped off). -- Doug Olander, Editor in Chief, SPORT FISHING Magazine

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have had the pkeasure of fishing with Omar on and off for over 10 years. He is one of the finest captains I fish with. My fiance and I fish all over the world and Omar is tops. Landing 6 giant Tarpon in one tides was a great experience!

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Have been on a bunch of guided trips both fresh and saltwater and capt Dave was great guide who exceeded are expectations in his knowledge of the fishing and tarpon habitat.

highly recommend the tarpon experience with these guys, we had a blast and were fortunate enough to get some tarpon to the boat!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2012

First off let me just say that Omar was GREAT - he responded fast and was at the marina waiting for us in the morning! We traveled the week after hurricane Sandy went through, so we were concerned with rough seas. We emailed him Tuesday night around 8pm and got a response at 5am telling us not to worry :) There were 4 of us + Omar in the boat - still had plenty of room. My mother doesn't walk well and she still had a great time!

It was amazing watching the Tarpon jump up. My father is an avid fisher and loved getting tips from "the captain" on reeling these beasts in. We ended up with a 40-50lb tarpon and a couple other bites that got away. Omar told us when to have the cameras ready and it was so much fun with him getting excited with us. He kept saying "Did you see that!? That was nasty!" Cracked us up! I can't say enough how enjoyable our trip was. The boat was clean - and the water was so calm it looked like glass.

A+++++

We got off the cruise ship and found a row of cabs sitting outside the port. The cab driver gave his his card so we could call when we were done fishing and promptly showed up within minutes of us calling. He dropped us off in OSJ and then returned to get my mother and father to bring them back to the ship. I know some cab drivers are scammers out there - he was very fair with us - $30 each way (Omar said some drivers try to charge as much as $60) - and he didn't charge when he came back to pick up my parents to return them to the ship. His phone number is 787-668-6604 if anyone needs transportation to fish with Omar!

1  Thank Stephanielee1112