“Fun ATV Trip”

Hacienda Campo Rico
Ranked #3 of 41 things to do in Carolina
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We decided in the early morning that we wanted to ride some ATV's and luckily they were able to accommodate us on such short notice. Unfortunately, the hotel recommended we leave way too early which left us with a lot of dead time (30+min) before beginning the tour. I suggest getting there closer to the actual start time.

Overall, this was a lot of fun and we all had a great time. There was a little bit of mud due to some earlier rain, but that only made the excursion more enjoyable as it meant charging the vehicle into muddy trenches and piles. You can get a bit dirty so dress appropriately but that is part of the fun. There was a nice mix of straightaways with higher speeds, sharp turns and bumpy patches full of mud. One downside is that in addition to mud, you will also ride through big piles of animal...excrement which will likely get on you as well.

I had no issues with my ATV, but my brother's shut down early on and was quickly replaced. The guides were very friendly and laid back - took pictures for us, talked about the trees etc. We were a large group overall and some people weren't as comfortable riding so we didn't always go as fast as I would have liked. This also meant that there were times when we needed to stop and wait for the group to catch up while getting roasted by the sun. Unfortunately, in addition to those breaks, there were a couple of other random lengthy stops that dragged on which felt like the guides were just killing time.

There is a bar on the property, but we didn't check that out.

Would definitely be willing to go back and try some of their other activities.

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Campo Rico

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We visited as an excursion on a work trip. The guides were awesome. We had lots of fun. Would highly recommend these guys to everyone. They also have horseback trail and Zip line. If we had more time we would have gone back for these activities.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This adventure was AWESOME!!! It only took our taxi about 18 minutes to get there. We arrived a little early so once we checked in, we got to walk around the land. We walked thru and took pictures of the huge masion next to the camp site. It was so cool. I had so much fun. Once the rest of the group arrived we took a few test runs around the site. We rode thru acres and acres of land. We passed thru fields where we saw horses, goats, and this huge tree that was over 200 yrs old!!!! I advise you to wear a plain shirt, old shorts, and shoes you could careless about because they will get muddy and you will get dirty. I had the best time and I definitely would recommend this to everyone!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's 2 hr ride on Paso Fino horses, which means that they have a nice, smooth trot. They'll do pick up and drop off, otherwise, it's a $25ish taxi ride from the Isla Verde area. The ride is about $60, plus $15 for transportation arranged through Castillo Tours at my hotel. The woman who has you sign your waver in the Campo Rico office is from Florida. You ride around a 2,000 acre ranch on very calm horses, no nipping or kicking. You go through fields, woods, and a sand pit. They also do ATV rides there, and the horses were not fazed. My guide was Natalie and she talked to us in English about the property and animals (zeedonk, oxen, peacocks, recent floods). They are planning a route to the petrogylphs for the future, so ask about that! Wear jeans and sneakers if you can. I asked for a helmet, it's not mandatory. I think that on that part of the island, it rains a little every day, so if you have a light rain jacket, you might want to bring it. Also wear sunscreen, because you are out in the sun for quite a while. This was the most fun part of my trip!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

What a beautiful place to ride the ATV's. We had a great time. This was my first time driving one and the staff there were really helpful.