“I wanted to give above average but morally I could not for the respect of bbq”
Review of Brother Jimmy's BBQ - CLOSED

Brother Jimmy's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“I wanted to give above average but morally I could not for the respect of bbq”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Not sure where to start let's see awesome views nice friendly service decent portions

Crappy bathrooms
Prices could be better
No bread with the BBQ
The BBQ sauce had no thickness and was flat it was almost like flavored colored water it was impossible to use more sauce

We got rip tips appetizer very good
Onion straws. Okay too gooey perhaps it was frozen too long
Cobb salad with grill chicken very good also
The green beans were decent with grilled taste

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wheeling, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“House music and great views”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went on a weeknight and liked atmosphere, more laid back. Enjoyed drinks and would definitely have the wings. Views and breeze on the rooftop were also very nice.

• Visited April 2014
Eden
“5 stars for the view;1 star for the food”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have eaten here 2 or 3 times when visiting Puerto Rico. Frankly, BBQ does not fit into a Caribbean location. The place is all the things I really do not care for. LOUD music, a mechanical bull, several televisions featuring sports, and lousy food. The meats I had were tough and bland. The sides were "meh". The best thing about this place is that it is on the top floor of the El San Juan Hotel and Casino. The views are spectacular. The staff is so-so, but I am sure they are as captivated as I was by the sights of the sea and city.

Visited April 2014
Somerset, New Jersey
“Overpriced”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our food was just ok, $8 for a coors light. Servers were just ok. You don't get as much as a view as you would think. I would not recommend.

Visited October 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
“A Big Disappointment”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Located on the top floor of the El San Juan Hotel, Brother Jimmy's was disappointing at best. The BBQ was somewhat tasteless and dry. My husband had a half chicken dinner and I had BBQd chicken breast. The side dishes were not good at all and the chicken might have been better in a tv dinner. We were very disappointed and would not go back. The prices were reasonable and the atmosphere is somewhat like a sports bar with tvs everywhere. The restaurant is open air.

Visited April 2014