“Great Authentic Puerto Rican BBQ”
Review of Bebo's BBQ

Bebo's BBQ
Ranked #15 of 195 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I think we may have been the only non-locals here. Great chicken and pork BBQ. Food takes a while but worth the wait. We got ours to go after arriving at airport and ate it at our hotel! If you speak some Spanish it will help. Place was a little difficult to find, next to McDonalds and Thrifty Airport Rent A Car

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is the best place for STREET Latin Food.
If you are from the U.S. compare this place to a BBQ joint in a remote place in New Orleans or ST Louis... this is not an in-door restaurant, this is outdoor, no AC, noisy, dirty, tell your wife not to go with heels, this is a ripped jeans and tee-shirt hang out.
Get the chicken, pork, rice, batita (yam), and ice cold Medalla.
The chicken is made with a sofrito and is a killer, you can order half, 1/4 or full, the chicken is addictive...
Again, this is like a hot dog stand in NY, this is not a full fledge restaurant so when you go, lower your expectations... this is STREET FOOD at its best.!
Place is safe, next to a police station and next to a McDo.
Pay attention to how slow the staff moves because it is comical (and typical of the islands), don't expect NY lightning speed service, but it is the reality of island life so enjoy.

1  Thank Lolelola
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

In my tours im always taking people to bebos bbq ....if your looking for good puerto rican food and the best pork in town then you might wanna get here.......now this is the catch.......the food might be the best you eat while in puerto rico and for the price hahahaahaaa you cabt beat it....BUT... You have tonds of flys all al
round you and they are gonna get on your food...abd the place is a little ghetto.....locals love the good so you have to deal with them ..the service is slow but did i say flys and a little ghetto???? look if u want good food then go but if u wanna be in a safe atmosphire think about it.....

Did i say flys

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Bebos on the way to drop off the rental car and had a delicious lunch for less than $10 bucks per person. For the record, the $10 got my wife and I a thanksgiving-sized feast, which consisted of lechon, chicken, rice and beans, morcilla (blood sausage), pork sausage, and two drinks!

Pics speak for themselves... Place is in a strange area but well worth a visit for lunch.

2  Thank fdbowie
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was passing by this place while heading to rent a car by cab. After picking up my car I immediately drove back here because of what I saw. Definitely an authentic local spot (vouched for by multiple locals there). They had roasted chicken, roasted pork shoulder, roasted ribs, blood sausage, and chorizo while I was there. For sides there was fried yucca, rice & beans, yucca, and pickled onions (?). I opted for some roasted pork and blood sausage. It was a bit difficult ordering as the person I was ordering from couldn't speak English, but with help from all of the other friendly carnivores around I was able to get my order through.

Pointing at things also seemed to help. Here, as the person ahead of me explained, you can either ask for the meat by the pound, or tell them how many people you're feeding and they'll give you a portion of each type of meat that they deem sufficient (good portions). All in all, our 1.5 lbs (guesstimate) of pork and maybe a third pound of blood sausage came to less than $15 with tax, can't really beat that price.

There is ample parking in the back. And while the line can sometimes be long according to locals (we only waited 20 minutes), it's definitely worth the wait.

1  Thank LaddyHH