“Amazing food with a beautiful Italian Renaissance ambiance.”

Trattoria Italiana at The InterContinental San Juan
Ranked #60 of 177 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Isla Verde
Description: Lovers of authentic and faithful Italian and American-Italian cuisine will enjoy a delightful dinner in an inviting ambiance that could only be experienced within the beauty of days and nights of San Juan, artistically combined with the mixture of carefully selected ingredients, in order to put together a delightful menu that will take your senses to the historic city of Roma You will enjoy among other typical dishes, the original “Fettuccine Alfredo” prepared by professionals right at your table, with gold set of cutlery to recreate the extraordinary dining experience of its artificer Alfredo di Lelio
Twentynine Palms
“Amazing food with a beautiful Italian Renaissance ambiance.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

Our dinner here was amazing. No reservations were required and dress was casual to formal. We were treated upon arrival with a glass of the house champagne - which was excellent - and seated us right away. We asked our waiter to make a recommendation for the wine and he chose very well. Although I don't remember the name of the wine, I do remember that it was a perfect fit for both meat and fish. The meat could be cut with only the fork and the flavor for everything was absolutely perfect. When we moved on to dessert, we were impressed again with the flavors and presentation of the dishes. We were never rushed, even at the end of our meal which was towards closing time. The perfect restaurant is one in which you can enjoy the company as well as the food; one in which the sight and smell of the food is as pleasing as the taste when you finally take a bite; and one in which you feel like you are welcomed as family. Alfredo's meets all of these requirements.

Chicago, Illinois
“Breakfast Buffet was good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

We only ate breakfast. They had a nice breakfast buffett as well as a menu selection. Food was above average for quality, taste and presentation. Service was great too. Enjoyed the outdoor seating.

1 Thank NorthShoreFoodLover
massachusetts
“Our best meal in San Juan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

We just got back from our wonderful 3-night trip to san juan. Our first four meals at different restaurants were awful and we assumed food was just bad here. On our final night, we decided to eat at Alfredo's (we were guests at the hotel). I was wary of $19 fettucine alfredo, but I didn't know that it came with so many extras. We were very underdressed since it was a last minute decision, but they had no problem with that. First, we sat outside. That is in the back of the hotel by the pool (but you do not see the pool, just all the beautiful palm trees). We listened to the "coqui" of the birds or frogs - we didn't know what was making the noise. It was very romantic. First, we were given free, small glasses of white wine as we were seated. Very nice touch. Then they brought out this amazing assortment of breads with an artichoke spread (they said it was artichoke, garlic, and oil), with olives. Loved loved this. I got the fettucine and my husband got the rigatoni. I tried his dish and it was too al dente. he liked it, but I would suggest you ask it to be cooked longer if you prefer. My fettucine was very light. It need a little something more so I added pepper and salt. That would be the one flaw. They also gave us a complimentary small dish from the chef - roasted peppers. We do not care for them, but they were made nicely and reminded me of my mom's cooking. For dessert, we shared a chocolate cake with hot chocolate in it. It came with vanilla ice cream in a yummy crunchy shell (caramel?). It was so delicious. The waiter - who by the way was very nice and professional - brought us free limoncello grapa with our bill. It was not for us at all, but I loved the gesture. So in the end, we were amazed that our bill totaled $54 (with tip) and included 2 meals, grapa, wine, the bread, the peppers, and dessert. A very good deal. By the way, we managed to try every eatery at the Intercontinental hotel (except Ruth's Chris as it closed) - and this was the very best.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“My #1 Italian choice in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2009

Until I went to Alfredo's I thought I had been to the best italian restaurant but nothing can compare to this dinning experience. As you enter they received you with a champagne glass, as you get seated they bring the best bread and butter spread. The menu is just lovely in every area, from steak, fish and of course pasta. The decor brings you to Italy (we had just been in Italy two months before our first visit to this restaurant) the walls have piazzas paintings all around the place. I had a swordfish with linguine in alfredo sauce... amazingly good and my husband had a NY steak with mashed potatoes and artichoke...
We just recommend the place to everyone because it is great italian food and with a great prices. We had appetizers, full meals a bottle of "Lagar de Cevera" and dessert (which the chef brought to us) to top it all some freshly made Limoncello.. for just $130....
We have been to other italian restaurants in the island and for all this we would of pay approx. $200.
Go and try it!

Florida
“Awesome Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

The manager Juan was excellent in preparing for my proposal to my fiance. He helped to plan and implement the surprise. The food was excellent. Great place to have an event or a quiet meal.