“Poor service, you're better off eating elsewhere”
Review of El Toston Criollo

El Toston Criollo
Ranked #38 of 188 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

For starters my girlfriend and i went to eat there for lunch and when we walked in no one came in to greet us we literally sat ourselves down. The place was not busy and there were 4 waiters just talking amongst themselves after aproximately 10 minutes the wait finally comes by and not once looks at us in the eyes. My girlfriend ordered a mofongo with fried pork, her meat was tastyless and was overcooked. I order as a appetizer some spicy chicken wings and the literally served me fried chicken wing with a cap of tabasco on the side, I couldn't believe it! By far, you're better off going elsewhere for what we paid wasn't worth it. Word of advice, if I was the manager, I would limit the use of cellphones, because, on one hour of being there I saw all the employees on their cellphones.

AJ H, Public Relations Manager at El Toston Criollo, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We are sorry to hear that your visit to our restaurant was not very pleasant. How ever, we appreciate your observations. We will definitely take them in consideration in order to improve our services. The voice of our customers is important to us!

There are newer reviews for El Toston Criollo

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food here is quite bland for Puerto Rican standards. I ordered the biftec empanado (breaded beefsteak) and it was soggy and tasteless. I had it replaced for biftec encebollado (steak & onions) and it was a slight improvement, but not very good. The place looks great...but the food is not.

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We will take your review in consideration to improve our service. Our customers opinion is very valuable to us.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Puerto Rican good food for an extremely good price. The service is a little slow and the place was pack, but for the price you couldn't ask for more. With a little patience your heading for a feast.

AJ H, Public Relations Manager at El Toston Criollo, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thanks for your review!! We are glad you enjoy your meal. We are currently working on service improvement, which is one of our priorities. We really appreciate your visit!!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The food is great. We tried the Plantain soup, and surullitos (Corn Stick"), mofongo relleno de pollo and relleno de carne frita. Awesome!. The service outstanding. Food arrive in 15 minutes. The price are reasonable. Definitevely i recommend this place.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was my first stop when i arrived to PR the food was great and the services was good went back a second time it was slightly disappointing because the waitress took forever to bring our food but overall the food is great its a must go