“Definitely a place to stop in”
Review of 101 Sports Bar

101 Sports Bar
Ranked #99 of 188 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Albanian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: I closed this place 9/11/12, the new administration is a joke, and I am in no way part of it!
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great bar, an extremely friendly place to be. Not only do you feel at home while watching current sport of interest, but also the bartenders treat you like one of their own. Reasonable prices compared to other bars, but the hospitality is what takes the cake. A nice place to unwind from the rigorous days of trips and explorations of the city. Always a nice crowd, met many new friends and defiantly made my trip more memorable..

1  Thank Aj P
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

I'm glad you guys had a good time, and thanks for the review...Jon

There are newer reviews for 101 Sports Bar

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great pub like atmosphere. Food was decent, nothing to write home about but the prices were very reasonable. Our server was prompt and courteous and answered questions we had about the area. By no means a "romantic" or a slow pace, quite environment.

1  Thank dabears-mv81
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

I'm glad we passed the test! We try very hard everyday with our service and quality of food....Jon

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this bar after reading some reviews about it and found that this little joint has the BEST buffalo wings ever!! If you're in the area stop in to try them! They are amazing!! The people who own this bar along with all the other staff we came across are very friendly and hospitable.

2  Thank KnR6795
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thanks for the review! I'm happy you like our little place!....Jon

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have stopped at the '101' many times when in San Juan so this review is long overdue. Whether to catch a home team game, have a couple cold drinks or just join the crowd, everyone here always makes you feel welcome. Grab a sampler appetizer (#1 or #2) to go with the great drinks. Jon and Marielys are quick to welcome you and make sure you get everything you want. At night, Josh and Ichy will entertain you with their own bartending flare. I have been in just by myself, with my son, and with my wife and son. No matter when, it has always been a good time. If any of these bartenders move to another palce, I'll be sure to follow and recommend. And the prices are a good break from the more pricey and touristy Ritz and ESJ.

2  Thank Don B
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here a couple of times during our stay in San Juan. Really enjoyed ourselves here, service was always excellent. They are located right next to the Ritz, and is in walking distance from several hotels/resorts. We did order food on both occasions and of course had some wings which were very good. Also the San Juan steak and cheese was very good. You can't beat the prices for food and drinks in isla verde. It was a great place to people watch as well.

1  Thank rnlr