“Great food and atmosphere!”
Review of 101 Sports Bar

101 Sports Bar
Ranked #104 of 188 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Albanian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: I closed this place 9/11/12, the new administration is a joke, and I am in no way part of it!
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stopped at 101 Sports Bar by complete accident on our honeymoon. The skies opened up, and we ducked into the first place we could to escape the rain. We do not regret it! The staff was incredibly friendly and the food/drink were great! The San Juan Cheese steak and 101 Chicken Wrap were top notch!

It also didn't hurt when a well known athlete stopped in for his own celebration too.

Great place! We will return on our next trip to San Juan!

1  Thank CMC76
JonnyPrimetTime, Owner at 101 Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Just Posted Pics of Cam and the gang! I'm glad you enjoyed our little spot!.....Jon

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We asked the front desk where we can watch the Miami Heat playoff game and she automatically said bar 101. After about a 5-7min walk we experience why this a must do. The waitress was very busy but after several minutes of patience we placed our food and drink order. She recommended wings and chicken quesadillas. Let's just say the wings were in such damand we had to wait about 25minutes but it was cool because the quesadillas were fantastic!! Thank god my boyfriends chicken wings came out because I literally had to fight over the last three quesadillas... Hahaa.

Our final night we had dinner there again. The waitress greeted us knowing our drink order!! We loved her 4 that! We watch the Ketucky derby with the other customers. Another great experience with 101!!

2  Thank Iluv2travel954
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at the 101 Sports Bar after the delectable smell caught us while walking past. Not a very large establishment and not very crowded the atmosphere was no different from any other sports bar found on the mainland. My wife had the quesadillas and I the San Juan Cheese Steak. We both agreed that the meals were excellent and very reasonable. In fact, it was the cheapest meal we had during our stay. We also stopped by again on our last day on the island for lunch before our flight back to the mainland.

If you are staying at the Ritz or somewhere else in the area, check this place out. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank wilecayotte
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My favorite island hangout. The owners and staff made me feel right at home. the beer is cold and the Jameson is always flowing. When you get tired of paying $8 for a lukewarm beer at the hotels go see Jon & Marielys over at 101 and make some new friends. Oh, and seriously try the wings.

2  Thank brian w
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Find yourself in Isla Verde missing your neighborhood pub at home? No Worries. Go see Jon, Marielys, and Josh down at the 101. COLD beer, hot wings, great prices and service.

2  Thank SilentBob34
JonnyPrimetTime, Owner at 101 Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Glad you enjoyed 101 Sports Bar, and thanks for quoting our "catch phrase" ....Cold Beer, Hot Wings!!!...I should give you a sticker and t-shirt!.....Jon