“Very unfortunate situation, indeed.”
Review of Club Brava

Club Brava
Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Carolina
More attraction details
Owner description: Club BRAVA is an entertainment venue that combines the high energy dancing scene of a nightclub as well as the chill out atmosphere of a lounge. It is designed to appeal to those looking for an elegant and sophisticated environment; a perfect place to see and be seen. Club BRAVA has become a landmark in the nightlife of Puerto Rico. For locals, as well as for guests visiting the island, it is the perfect spot for gathering on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday. When the say clubbing in Puerto Rico, they mean Club BRAVA!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very unfortunate situation, indeed.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was included with a group that was mainly military (AF) that was visiting PR on a brief deployment trip. Being that we were staying in the hotel next door we had heard of Club Bravo and thought that it might be fun for an evening out and dancing. Unfortunately upon entering we had a couple of men in our group saying their shoes didn't meet dress code standards. Figuring it wasn't a big deal, they changed shoes and we re-approached. Now this time a couple from our hotel we had met was with us, they were older, dressed well but VERY obviously over 21. Unfortunately, the woman didn't have her ID, and they still complained of our dress code (shoes) so they denied us "access". Mostly I found it disheartening the obvious discrimination they put forth toward us. For whatever reason they did not want us in their club, and I suppose it is their prerogative to deny anyone they see unfit access, but I obviously will not recommend them and I feel that from a business perspective it was an unreasonable decision. The woman at the door vocalized that she did not care how much money we had to spend we were not going to get in. I advise that you take your money elsewhere, as their are plenty of other fine establishments to enjoy in San Juan that do not discriminate and will be more than ecstatic to accept your patronage.

7 Thank AMJ49

San Juan, Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“NOT worth the money!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I live in Puerto Rico but originally from California where the Club scene is good!. I have been to brava in El San Juan Hotel before at least 6 times and it was ok not great just ok, but the last time was bad enough to take the time to write a review. We dressed with the proper attire and paid our $20 dollar entrance. As we entered there were a lot of people (men) in jeans and tennis shoes. Eventhough it says its not allowed. When my boyfriend ordered drinks for me and my friend turns out they dont take cards (such a "high end" club and they dont take cards seemed very odd, and it was a scotiabank card) and when he asked if there was an ATM anywhere the bartender rudely said no!. Then we wondered around the lobby and found one. After, I decided to order more drinks for us since my boyfriend was already not happy with the service I ordered more drinks for us (same bartender) I clearly stated I wanted water and a magna beer, I gave the bartender $20 dollars and he returned $10 when i questioned why he simply ignored me. I had to ask him two more times and asked him why the steep charge for one beer and water, he told me it was not water, it was vodka and water (who orders vodka and water!?!?!) so i asked him for water and my money back and very upset tossed me the seven dollars back and said something that I didnt understand (which i took as an insult). Also, the variety in beer is not great...just medalla and magna. There are many more great lounges in other hotels with better service and great environment, I really wish people would stop saying its the best hottest club in PR because its not!!! people are rude and stuck up. But i have to say the Lobby in El San Juan Hotel is better and with a better vibe...and its free!!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Blanca G
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best club in PR”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What can I say other than a truly great club. We were a party of 9 and booked a table at Brava and weren’t disappointed. The party lasts all night (we stayed until about 5.30am but the place was still open) and the drinks are as strong as the beats. Mainly typical American RnB/Hip Hop music mixed with a flavour of more exotic Spanish language stuff. If you are thinking of table service then try and get the Ciroc table, we had this and it was bang in the middle of the dance floor with two entrances – one leading you right onto the floor and the other straight to the bar. Dress nicely and go for a couple of drinks and a gamble in the casino at the ESJ beforehand too, you wont be disappointed – my favourite club of the entire time we were in Puerto Rico.

Visited November 2012
Pepa R, Manager at Club Brava, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Craig,

We loved having you at The Club.... and thanks for following us on twitter @clubbrava

See you soon

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“One word: Epic!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is the main club in San Juan. It definitely has a Vegas style feel in terms of great atmosphere, great music, and pretty good drink prices. I had planned my cousin’s bachelor party and we did Club Brava on that Friday night and I had arranged bottle service for the crew (14 of us). We got a great area in the back of the club where it was private enough but could see everything happening on the 1st floor. I had gotten 5 bottles for $1200 which is a steal. A bottle in Vegas alone is at least $2000 to $3000.

The venue has 2 floors and each floor plays separate music which is awesome. When you are on 2nd floor, you cannot hear the music that is being played on the 1st floor at all. The second floor is pretty big and there is a huge glass wall from end to end that shows the entire 1st floor which is pretty neat. Both floors play great music. Our crew had a great time and we were there until 4am.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank VASAMAN
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Club Brava---Vegas style club”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We enjoyed ourselves. If you are open to ALL kinds of music, this is the club for you. It kind of reminds me of a club in Vegas. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Very crowded.

Visited May 2012