“Locals....beware!!!! steaks might be cooked different if you are from PR (according to one server)”
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
Ranked #6 of 190 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Avenida Isla Verde
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I visited BLT yesterday. It was my fifth time in the last couple of years. I chose it yesterday because I loved it...until past night. We had the worst experience with the filet we ordered. We ordered the 12 ounce to share, butterfly cut (as we always have it) medium well (as we always have it). When the steak got to our table it looked burned, yet we decided to cut it to check how cooked it was: well done. The server kindly brought it back to the kitchen and brought us a new one which looked burned too, yet a little pink in the middle, just like we ordered it. However, it was burned too, with a very unpleasant burned flavor there was no way to eat it. The server then explained that BLT always cooks steaks like that, burned (he used the term roasted). I said that it none of the previous 4 times my steak tasted like that to what he responded, "since you are locals probably the other times you came your server ignored your request and cooked the steak in the oven so when you got your steak it was not like this one outside." So, locals do not like burned steak of BLT and when they order it is cooked differently? I said, I am sorry but this is not how I always eat here. I will never go back. Bad way to manage a situation.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent steaks!
Great atmosphere, wonderful sides and a poppin instead of bread.....awesome!
Well priced and a wonderful meal.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Steak was cold potatoes skins with truffle oil was like cardboard they were out of aspara grass and green beans Good planning

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Ended up here for a business dinner and only one of the four of us had a steak. That being said, everyone was happy with their meal. I had crab cakes, others had fish and all was tasty and well prepared. The service was friendly but a little on the slow side, but maybe that was just "island time". Expensive to be sure, but that's to be expected in a place like this. I would recommend and I would go back.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The restaurant has a great location in the Ritz. I had never eaten here before and was invited by a buisiness associate, we were a table of 6. The service was top notch. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. First, you have to try the bread that they put on the table. It is very unique, enjoyable and filling so limit yourself. I was not in the mood for steak so I went with fish.The tuna tartare was great. The sole was good. The jumbo shrimps were good too. I felt that my meal was good to very good. The atmosphere, waiter & the tuna tartare is what kept me from puting an average rating.