“I heart PR~!!”

Lupi's Mexican Grill & Sports Cantina
Ranked #17 of 177 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Bar, Puerto Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located next to the San Juan Hotel and Casino, Lupi's offers the best mexican food on town combined with all kinds of sports. We offer every sport event available, plus daily happy hours.
Seattle, WA
“I heart PR~!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

Wow, these other reviews are old! haha I'm from Seattle and just went to San Juan last week and Lupi's was right next to our hotel. We went there at least once a day for the entire week were in San Juan. Either for lunch, or at night for drinks. The food was great, the service was great, and the music was great! On our last night there, there was a live band playing, La Manzana De Adan, they are AWSOME and made 3 new fans that night. Anytime you are in the Ilsa Verde area of San Juan, I highly recomend making at least one visit to Lupi's!!

Chicago, IL
“Not worth the hype...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

We were staying literally right next door to the restaurant so we noticed a nice stream of traffic and lots of locals spoke highly of knowing the place, not necessarily eating there. After a long day of excursions my friend and I were starved. The waiter acted like he was scared to offer us menus and when my margarita arrived I could not taste an ounce of liquor! I politely asked him to please fix the drink if I was being charged for an alcoholic beverage. My food was ok, however my friend received uncooked crunchy rice, she asked for water and usually they don't bring you bottled water (if they do they should ask you first if you want to pay 3 bucks for a 16 oz. bottle of water or utilize tap water), the menu didn't specify dark or white meat so we made the horrible assumption that it would be white like most places and of course it was dark. It was just one thing after another, won't ever be going here again.

1 Thank bettyblue08
miami
“Rest.Lupis,Great place to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

Great Food,music nice,service good and lot of sport,I eat there more than 3 times,good prices,better than Chilis

“Worst meal we had in Puerto Rico...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

We just came back from 2 weeks in Puerto Rico-we were missing Mexican food (being from California) so we went to Lupi's which claims to be the best mexican food...this place was more like a tourist trap for those people missing their standard mexican fare...The carne fajitas were awful...the meat was dry and chewy and tasteless. They serve lots of different drinks so my guess is if you go there and drink a lot the food might taste better..Out of all the places we ate over the two weeks we were there, this was by far the worst meal of the entire trip.

1 Thank prat88
Florida
“Love the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

Wifey and I went to PR for our anniversary. We stayed at the ESJ hotel and casino and decided to check out Lupis. Strong drinks, good food and if you love sports (like me - Yankees fan) then your in hog heaven! We spent about 50 bucks with drinks and I was full the rest of the day. We spent $40 on breakfast at the hotel and I was hungry in a couple hours! :(