“Another sports bar”

Lupi's Mexican Grill & Sports Cantina
Ranked #20 of 180 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Bar, Puerto Rican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located next to the San Juan Hotel and Casino, Lupi's offers the best mexican food on town combined with all kinds of sports. We offer every sport event available, plus daily happy hours.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Another sports bar”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We dined here to get a quick bite to eat. Drinks were average, service average or below. It appeared the waiter had other things on his mind versus working. We ordered an appetizer, and unfortunately got what we expected. Bar food with no incentive to return. Go here if you want to watch sporting events, get ordinary service, food and beverages. Mt

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“very pleasant and a good place to catch a game with drinks !!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

i was staying in isla verde n passed by this place more than once .in the evening it look like a much more vibrant place to drink a beer or catch a quick bite .the staff was very friendly and yes the bartender was taking care of mixing the perfect margarita. i was very impressed .if ur staying in isla verde i highly recomended it !!! or there appetizers were also good i realy like the lupis nachos with tostones

2 Thank alfredothesauce
San Juan, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never going there again”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

It figures, Lupis of Isla Verde has a new owner. What an unpleasant evening it was. As we entered the restaurant the hostess did not greet us with a “hello or welcome”. Instead she greets us with a “are you just going inside for the bathroom?” And it got worse from there. Horrible service, nasty food and a nasty owner. We just moved for 6 months into this area and we will never set foot in that place again. I miss the old Lupis, I guess I will have to go to the Od San Juan location.

1 Thank Antonio L
Virginia
“Not much service here :(”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We tried it for lunch, it took forever to order! Think the waiter didn't like having customers there.... It was not a lot of other guests there-and I understand why! The food was ok when it finally came... They never came to see if we needed more drinks or asked how the food was. Dont think they wanted us to pay, we had to ask for the check too. I will not go back there as long as they dont give you any service!

Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Girlfriend Got ROOFIED HERE!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The service was horrid at the bar, so I tried to find a seat inside. I was finally seated after much confusion and wasted time. While I was trying to get my girlfriend and I an inside seat, I told her to wait at the bar and try and get herself a drink if she could get someone to serve her. I went and got her after I got us a seat and within 15 minutes, while trying to eat, she became very drunk-like (and she only had 1/3 of a small margarita). She got to the point where she could not hold food in her mouth or drink water without it running down her chin. We left pretty quickly, and she was close to unconscious by the time I got her back to our room next door. I got her to the bed, and she was unconscious. This was new year's eve, and fireworks started going off about 45 minutes after we got to the room. I could not wake her and when she awoke the next morning, she had no recollection of leaving Lupis. If you get a drink at this place, make sure and watch them make it. If you are a single woman going here, take my advice and don't chance it.

Regarding the food here, it is fair, but nothing to get excited about. I have eaten here on three different occasions due to the convenience of its location to my hotel, but rest assured, I will never return.

• Visited December 2012