“very pleasant and a good place to catch a game with drinks !!!!”

Lupi's Mexican Grill & Sports Cantina
Ranked #29 of 197 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located next to the San Juan Hotel and Casino, Lupi's offers the best mexican food on town combined with all kinds of sports. We offer every sport event available, plus daily happy hours.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

i was staying in isla verde n passed by this place more than once .in the evening it look like a much more vibrant place to drink a beer or catch a quick bite .the staff was very friendly and yes the bartender was taking care of mixing the perfect margarita. i was very impressed .if ur staying in isla verde i highly recomended it !!! or there appetizers were also good i realy like the lupis nachos with tostones

2  Thank alfredothesauce

Reviewed January 18, 2013

It figures, Lupis of Isla Verde has a new owner. What an unpleasant evening it was. As we entered the restaurant the hostess did not greet us with a “hello or welcome”. Instead she greets us with a “are you just going inside for the bathroom?” And it got worse from there. Horrible service, nasty food and a nasty owner. We just moved for 6 months into this area and we will never set foot in that place again. I miss the old Lupis, I guess I will have to go to the Od San Juan location.

1  Thank Antonio L
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We tried it for lunch, it took forever to order! Think the waiter didn't like having customers there.... It was not a lot of other guests there-and I understand why! The food was ok when it finally came... They never came to see if we needed more drinks or asked how the food was. Dont think they wanted us to pay, we had to ask for the check too. I will not go back there as long as they dont give you any service!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The service was horrid at the bar, so I tried to find a seat inside. I was finally seated after much confusion and wasted time. While I was trying to get my girlfriend and I an inside seat, I told her to wait at the bar and try and get herself a drink if she could get someone to serve her. I went and got her after I got us a seat and within 15 minutes, while trying to eat, she became very drunk-like (and she only had 1/3 of a small margarita). She got to the point where she could not hold food in her mouth or drink water without it running down her chin. We left pretty quickly, and she was close to unconscious by the time I got her back to our room next door. I got her to the bed, and she was unconscious. This was new year's eve, and fireworks started going off about 45 minutes after we got to the room. I could not wake her and when she awoke the next morning, she had no recollection of leaving Lupis. If you get a drink at this place, make sure and watch them make it. If you are a single woman going here, take my advice and don't chance it.

Regarding the food here, it is fair, but nothing to get excited about. I have eaten here on three different occasions due to the convenience of its location to my hotel, but rest assured, I will never return.

1  Thank steven m
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice food, not 100% mexican but very acceptable for locals, nice informal atmosphere and excellent pricing!! Recommended.

1  Thank Jose E