“Great atmosphere”

Platos Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 177 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The true taste of Puertorican food! Come and enjoy a piece of Puerto Rico with our variety of dishes. Mofongos, Angus Beef, Seafood, Paellas, Pasta and much more. Your favorite drink awaits for you at our bar. Also you can try our house drinks, sangrias and more. By the glass or a bottle, you will find your favorite wine at Platos Restaurant in Isla Verde. Red, Sparkling, Rosé or White, we have it
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I went here on a recent visit to Puerto Rico. We were basically sticking to restaurants that were within walking distance of our hotel. The food was good (I had the mofongo churassco and my daughter had chicken in creole sauce) and the service was excellent. They also have great sangria. But the real selling point here was the music. We went on Saturday night and two musicians set up in the bar and they were fantastic! We sat very close to them so it did make it difficult to talk but it really made the atmosphere come alive.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
oldbridge
“Worth the stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I ate there on our last day in PR, while the food was a bit SALTY it was pretty good. Chicaron de pollo was very good but salty. All of the plates were reasonably priced. I would recommend that they cook with less salt.

Visited July 2014
Arroyo, Puerto Rico
“Great Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this place was the coconut sangria. I found the food a little dry. The service was slow, but why would I be in a rush in Puerto Rico.

Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent Puerto Rican Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had the opportunity to dine at Platos Restaurant my first night in Puerto Rico. The fresh Red Snapper with rice and beans was delicious! The portion were huge enough to share. We also ordered the green mussels in saffron sauce appetizer which was outstanding. They also serve excellent wine and coconut sangria. Our server was very nice and helped explain all of the dishes well. A must visit spot if you are near Isla Verde in San Juan.

• Visited July 2014
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great Sangria Selections”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The server recommended the Churrasco, grilled flank steak, so that was one of the meals we tried. Our piece was very chewy and not that tender with more fat than should be expected. That dish was disappointing. Our other meal was the Chicken Breast in a Creole Sauce which was very good. Also very good were the selection of Sangrias. We tried the Mango and it was delicious. Get the pitcher if you want more than one glass each. When I return I'll probably try some of the appetizers which looked very good as I watched them being served to other patrons.

• Visited July 2014