“Great food!”

Ranked #4 of 188 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The true taste of Puertorican food! Come and enjoy a piece of Puerto Rico with our variety of dishes. Mofongos, Angus Beef, Seafood, Paellas, Pasta and much more. Your favorite drink awaits for you at our bar. Also you can try our house drinks, sangrias and more. By the glass or a bottle, you will find your favorite wine at Platos Restaurant in Isla Verde. Red, Sparkling, Rosé or White, we have it
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I visited this restaurant my first night in PR. The food is great. Try the coconut sangria! They will even bottle it up for you to take with you if you order a pitcher of it.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Ate dinner here twice. Enjoyed the skirt steak; very well presented. Drinks are ample. The staff is friendly and helpful. Very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The restaurant was very nice. The food was good, but the drinks were better. TRY THE COCONUT SANGRIA!!!!!!!!!!

The service was a little shaky and the food could have been a little better (they ran out of shrimp for my paella!!) but the drinks made up for it.

1  Thank lalocaliz
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've had good home cooking...this is not it. Maybe the chef was having a bad day but this food was terrible. The beans were slimy, the rice was hard, the meat was covered in some fruit sauce. What is this? I feel this is just for those ignorant tourists who don't know what good Puerto Rican food is. It's a shame. This food is not made with love or even any care. I would never go here again.

1  Thank carnationnation
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I always wanted to go to this restaurant, because I had heared great things about, and it was all true. The service was great, the food even better. Best experience eating mofongo with skirt steak that I ever had.