“Good food, a little pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platos Restaurant & Bar

Platos Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 174 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The true taste of Puertorican food! Come and enjoy a piece of Puerto Rico with our variety of dishes. Mofongos, Angus Beef, Seafood, Paellas, Pasta and much more. Your favorite drink awaits for you at our bar. Also you can try our house drinks, sangrias and more. By the glass or a bottle, you will find your favorite wine at Platos Restaurant in Isla Verde. Red, Sparkling, Rosé or White, we have it
Bronx, NY
“Good food, a little pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The restaurant was very nice. The food was good, but the drinks were better. TRY THE COCONUT SANGRIA!!!!!!!!!!

The service was a little shaky and the food could have been a little better (they ran out of shrimp for my paella!!) but the drinks made up for it.

1 Thank lalocaliz

• Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“Not true Puerto Rican Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've had good home cooking...this is not it. Maybe the chef was having a bad day but this food was terrible. The beans were slimy, the rice was hard, the meat was covered in some fruit sauce. What is this? I feel this is just for those ignorant tourists who don't know what good Puerto Rican food is. It's a shame. This food is not made with love or even any care. I would never go here again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carnationnation
Puerto Rico
“My dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I always wanted to go to this restaurant, because I had heared great things about, and it was all true. The service was great, the food even better. Best experience eating mofongo with skirt steak that I ever had.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My food was good but my husband was not happy with his. It is a very popular spot and gets very crowded. I guess my expectations were higher from the reviews- I thought it would be more like home cooking puerto rican food it was not- it was just ok.

1 Thank jtc1216
Tri-Cities, TN
“Good Puerto Rican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Since this place was close to our hotel, we stopped in for our last night in PR. What a fun place, family friendly, and great Puerto Rican food. When we sat down, our waiter told us their specialties were their sangria and mofongo. So I jumped in and had one of each.... Yum! My family is Puerto Rican, and no one cooks the island specialties as well as my aunts, but this place was pretty darn good. It will probably be a place I'll revisit on future trips.