“Same great taste and experience!”

Platos Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 188 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The true taste of Puertorican food! Come and enjoy a piece of Puerto Rico with our variety of dishes. Mofongos, Angus Beef, Seafood, Paellas, Pasta and much more. Your favorite drink awaits for you at our bar. Also you can try our house drinks, sangrias and more. By the glass or a bottle, you will find your favorite wine at Platos Restaurant in Isla Verde. Red, Sparkling, Rosé or White, we have it
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I visited the restaurant a week ago and was delighted with the ambiance, menu and service. The guava sause is superb and the Coconut Sangría is the bomb. The server was friendly and diligent. The only issue I don't like very much is location since the parking space is limited and very difficult to get a space on weekends.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The drinks were pretty good and shortly after ordering we were told that it would be "longer than usual" for our dinner. It was about an hour after ordering that the food came and just before it came, they informed me that they were out of spinach for my salad. The food was pretty good and the waiter was kind but everyone was pretty frustrated at the delay - at least bring bread or free drinks with a wait this long.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I went to Platos because it was within walking distance to the Ritz. The restaurant wasn't much to look at but the staff was friendly (even though a little slow) and the food was delicious!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Came here with some reserves about the place since I was told it was just ok, and I just want to say it exceeded our expectations. We had a groupon and decided to go on a Friday night. First of all, waiting time was less than 3 min. We had an excellent waitress, Carla, and her recommendations on the Sunshine Rim and the Culebra Sangria were the best choices! We had some appetizers but nothing out of the ordinary. For main entrees, I had the whole snapper and my husband had the mahi-mahi, really tasteful both!!! Prices are from $20 - 30 per plate, so guess the groupon was a great deal (it was $19 for $60). Just beware, best choices are the fish/seafood and the tip is included in the check! Grade: A

1  Thank traveling_jeannie
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went to Platos for dinner after a recommendation from our hotel staff. We were seated right away and our server was very good. We started with pork mufango (green mashed plantains). They were very good. For dinner I had ordered the chitlins pollo. They were just over fried chicken pieces. I would not get this again and do not recommend them. They did have "island" drinks and local beer. It is a little on the pricey side but when your in the Caribbean on vacation what doesn't seem pricey. If the opportunity presented itself, we would go there again.

1  Thank The_traveling_1