“Lovely Evening”

Cuisines: Caribbean, International, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

It was the Friday before Mothers Day and I really wanted a nice Filet Mignon. My husband took me to La Brochette. What a nice experience!! The breeze was perfect, many of our close friends were also dining there and it was great. My husband is very particular with his meals and this was by far one of our best meals here. The staff always so friendly and experience, i like that, the waiting time was just right and the owner sat down with us and was very observative in how everything was flowing, very nice to see how the attention to details. Can't wait to go back and try their grilled salmon.

2  Thank Butterfly2002
There are newer reviews for La Brochette

Reviewed May 14, 2014

La Brochette is in Palmanova Plaza where filled with restaurants. You cannot see the restaurants from the central square. But this is definitely a hidden gem. The atmosphere is bit more formal compare with other restaurants in the plaza. The food is very tasteful and fresh and the service is very attentive. Among the dishes I ordered, I particularly enjoyed the appetizer, fried root stuffed with ground beef. The price is very reasonable. You will pay similar price for the take out quality food in this area.

4  Thank la0pu
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Don't waste your money and time. This was one of the worst meals I ever had in Palmas del Mar. Arañitas was raw. Alcapurrias wasn't fresh, taste like been frozen for months. There's no creativity on the sauce for both appetizers, it was the same and I'm still trying to identifying what it was, it tasted like over fermented tomato, mustard, teriyaki something, simply awful.
Both red meats over the term, so dry that neither the skirt steak and the filet can be eaten. The filet came with a canned mushrooms sauce (are you kidding me?!?!) for the price... Come on... No presentation, no dedication to make good food. Rice and beans are at the same average bad quality that you can eat in any cafeteria of the island. Beans are form the can to the plate.
We ordered a tres leches cake, hopping that will fix our bad experience, and we were wrong. Isn't that bad, served in a coffee cup plate, with no delicacy, neither at least a cherry for garnish.
I will never come back, and never recommend this place

3  Thank F00diepr
Ecoquest, Manager at La Brochette, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

La Brochette Restaurant's personnel is positive that this review is suspicious and written by the next door competition because we recognized the reviewer's email address. We will appreciate if this malicious and false review could be removed. La Brochette Restaurant gives top priority to the quality of its food and service every day.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We ate here twice mostly because we loved the creole shrimp with mufungo. Even though I'm not a big fan of plantains I loved the mufungo.

3  Thank vacationlover061
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This restaurant is hidden in the back of Palmanova Plaza. It is basically outdoors on the side of the Plaza. Nice and breezy and very comfortable. Service was excellent and very friendly. The food was good, but it was expensive. Two of us had steaks and my daughter had a shrimp with garlic dish. As we were on the ocean I would think seafood would be less costly than meat, but not the case. Anyway, we all enjoyed our dinner and would return given the opportunity.

2  Thank viet2mom