This place is gorgeous. We've stayed here a few days to a week for the past 3 years. We paid $136 per night so that's not really 4/5 star price which is why I rate them 2 stars instead of 1. Our room was nice enough and very clean with plenty of room. We've stayed at a LOT of resorts and the facilities here are very nice with a great golf course and swimming pools and just a very nice tropical environment. But the service is definitely NOT up to par. If you need something expect to have to interrupt a conversation between the staff. And when you say "thanks" or "have a good day" to somebody don't expect to hear anything nice back. It seems to me they need at least to do some more training or try to select people that are more customer service oriented. Nobody was outwardly discourteous to us but we both felt like there was little concern for us and there were a few problems with the facilities. I noticed one other reviewer mentioned hot water problems. We had to wait a LONG time then had to deal with rapid switched back and forth between hot and cold. Also they now charge $13/day for park yourself parking a short walk away. If you park out front too long expect the security to be very close to discourteous. Also when you try to self park the attendant isn't always there and the gate is down. I figured out I could just get a ticket out of the machine and then throw it away but that wasn't because anybody notified me of that. Lastly, the business center is using a new kind of "green" fax machine that couldn't send a fax for me after 3 attempts over 3 hours. I finally got another nearby business to do it for me. The restaurants are mediocre on-site and there were a few staff members we met that were pretty good such as the bartender at the restaurant. But these were few and not a majority. The rest seem more like the night shift at a motel 6 than an upscale resort staff. One other thing was the wifi internet. It's very mediocre in the rooms. Good enough for email but very slow for anything else. In the restaurant it was very good so I'm pretty sure this is due to their wifi routers and system rather than the internet feed into property.
So I hate to say this but we won't be back for a long while. Maybe if you have a tight budget or a large family that could be very expensive this is a worthwhile place. This was a tough review to do since there are so many things that are very nice or even great about the facility but it's just hard to overcome below average staff. In my opinion the staff quality has declined with Wyndham at the helm compared to the previous Four Points by Sheraton. Too bad because this place has the natural beauty to be a first class 5 star resort.
I hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the prestigious community of Palmas del Mar, the Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar provides you with a balance of exciting amenities in a serene environment full of of luscious gardens. Our rooms reflect our tropical setting with one king or double beds, and all the modern in room amenities you expect. With gorgeous gardens that are the perfect set up for any event or private dinner or wedding. With two golf courses designed by 4 time champion Gary Player and renown architect Rees Jones, an infinity pool, tennis courts as well as an expansive beach, one of the best for sailing and surfing in Puerto Rico's east coast.With nearly 10,000 square feet of banquet space, we provide you with indoor and outdoor settings that will be the perfect compliment for all your meeting needs.After a day of leisure or business, you can enjoy an exhilarating casino experience at Casino Real that offers a wide array of table games and slot machines, a perfect location for the most selective gamer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden At Palmas Del Mar Hotel Humacao
- Palmas Del Mar
- Sheraton Humacao
- Four Points Humacao
- Humacao Four Points
- Humacao Sheraton
- The Villas At Palmas Del Mar
- Wyndham Garden At Palmas Del Mar Puerto Rico/Humacao