While it looks lovely, on a recent trip booked by our DIL, very disappointed in the staff and the hotel contidtion. There were 2 rooms booked for our party. Ours was dark and the hall had a bit of a musty smell.
The other room had a TV that didn't work properly, a fridge (wine cooler) that was warm, and a towel bar that fell off the wall. The staff disagreed that the fridge didn't work, and after several requests, a new one was brought to the room. While on the premises, my DIL was unable to get her concerns resolved and adjustments made. I understand that they have been resolved since our stay.
The check in process appeared to be ok. We had loaded our luggage on a rack which was then brought to the front desk by a bellman. There are no elevators, so you or the bellman, carry luggage up stairs. The groundskeeper of the pool (who someone at the beach restaurant told us was the person to unlock the lounge chairs) was difficult to find.We had to walk back from the beach to the pool, and then found him in the utility room sitting. He did unlock chairs for us; The coffee shop didn't take debit or credit cards, only cash or charges to the room. No one had told us this so when I went down for coffee and breakfast to bring back to the room, I brought only my debit card. I ended up charging the food to the room (which we weren't paying for) We would have appreciated when being told of the options for breakfast, also being told the payment options since they were out of the ordinary. We found debit cards to be acceptable at the beach and pool.
Overall, the staff, conditon and quality were not up to par with the rates being charged at this resort. Although adjustments of some sort were made, I would prefer quality staff and conditions so that is not necessary and aggravating while vacationing.
The location was perfect for our Three Kings Day Celebration with our family. As a matter of convenience, I expect to find myself returning, but will travel lightly and not expect much information from the staff regarding amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the prestigious community of Palmas del Mar, the Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar provides you with a balance of exciting amenities in a serene environment full of of luscious gardens. Our rooms reflect our tropical setting with one king or double beds, and all the modern in room amenities you expect. With gorgeous gardens that are the perfect set up for any event or private dinner or wedding. With two golf courses designed by 4 time champion Gary Player and renown architect Rees Jones, an infinity pool, tennis courts as well as an expansive beach, one of the best for sailing and surfing in Puerto Rico's east coast.With nearly 10,000 square feet of banquet space, we provide you with indoor and outdoor settings that will be the perfect compliment for all your meeting needs.After a day of leisure or business, you can enjoy an exhilarating casino experience at Casino Real that offers a wide array of table games and slot machines, a perfect location for the most selective gamer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden At Palmas Del Mar Hotel Humacao
- Palmas Del Mar
- Sheraton Humacao
- Four Points Humacao
- Humacao Four Points
- Humacao Sheraton
- The Villas At Palmas Del Mar
- Wyndham Garden At Palmas Del Mar Puerto Rico/Humacao