“Best paella I ever had”

Chez daniel
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Humacao
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chez Daniel is located at the marina at Palmas del Mar Resort, which is near Humacao on the east coast of Puerto Rico.
New York
“Best paella I ever had”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The first good sign after I arrived at the Chez Danial Tapas Bar (not its sister restaurant with the same name next door) was that it packed with local people. I went with my colleagues for its famous paella. We ordered three paella: sea food only, seafood with sausage and chicken, squid with the ink. The one with squid and its ink was my favorite, it is simple yet packed with flavor. I also liked the two kind of paella. I would not hesitate to go back for any of these three if I had the opportunity. The price is very reasonable compare with the other restaurants in Palmas del mar area. The service is very good. An ideal place to hang out with your friends.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank la0pu

“Good but expensive!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant but it is expensive. I highly recommend their Sundays Brunch. The restaurant right next to this one called Tapas Bar is great and the prices are reasonable.

Enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank caribbeanattitude
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great restaurant in beautiful spot. If you are in Palmas, this is the best restaurant in the resort.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank stanc700
Massachusetts
“Charming Setting, Good Food and Service at The Tapas Bar”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Tapas Bar at Chez Daniel was our favorite restaurant in Palmas del Mar where we spent a week. The Tapas Bar is owned by the owner of Chez Daniel next door, but it is a casual dining establishment, in contrast to the elegant, white table cloth motif of Chez Daniel.

It enjoys a charming location on the marina in Palmas del Mar. There are indoor and outdoor dining areas. There is a full bar indoors. With the beautiful weather and surroundings, we opted to eat outdoors during our two dinner visits. The setting, lighting, and view are most pleasing to the eye.

We had professional service and felt most welcome. The menu offers a good variety of dishes, from soups, appetizers, seafood, meats, brochettes, etc. though I did not notice any salads offered. They specialize in paella dishes with a full page on the menu of offerings from vegetarian, meats, and seafood selections. Each is made to order. The portions are large, so the term tapas seemed to be a misnomer with many entrees.
They also offered sangria by the liter in a tall cylinder with spout on the bottom, quite unique, for the table. This can be enjoyed by several in the party.

We found their food delicious, with good variety while reasonably priced, all in an outstanding setting.

• Visited February 2014
10 Thank School's Out 3
Mineola, New York
“Really great food!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went to this restaurant with a large group. They seated us inside and it was a very nice dining room. The food was really good, but it was very pricy...probably a little too pricy for what it was. I had delicious fish, and most people had some sort of seafood. The service was very good as well, and the server described everything for us if we didn't know what it was. We were staying in the Palmas del Mar community so it was easy to get to.

• Visited April 2013