“Tapas Bar at Chez Daniel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez daniel

Chez daniel
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Humacao
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chez Daniel is located at the marina at Palmas del Mar Resort, which is near Humacao on the east coast of Puerto Rico.
Montville, New Jersey
“Tapas Bar at Chez Daniel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The BEST mojito ever!! When we got home I e-mailed them for the recipe and they obliged by sending it!! We loved our assortment of tapas! We ordered many in order to fill 3 adults and 1 hungry child. The mussels were outstanding, as was everything else we ordered: ceviche (very fresh), coconut shrimp (to please the child-but he devoured the mussels!), crab, etc. We were not rushed and the service was terrific. It's a beautiful but casual atmosphere on the marina dock. They even made a virgin pina colada for my son and mother (the alcohol policewoman) that was outstanding! My stiff mother even considered having them add the rum! Overall, this place is totally awsome! Highly recommended...and reasonably priced!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Frequent-returns

Columbia, Missouri
“Almost excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

True, authentic french cuisine. Wine list is good and contains some great deals on 2009 Bordeaux - get it. Service is friendly but not at the level of the food or prices. The furnishings also fall a bit short. The restaurant is at the very tip of the Palmas development and is you will need a car, shuttle, or golf cart to get there (unless you are staying nearby).

Visited April 2013
1 Thank onepoet
London, United Kingdom
“Not really a tapas bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We popped down to the Tapas bar, as we wanted try a light dinner.

The bar it self looks at on to the marina, and has a nice shabby chic feel to it, kinda light what you would think and island bar should be. The service was good and friendly, the food was quick to arrive and very tasty.

To be frank it was not tapas in the sense of traditional Spanish cuisine, but more a selection of different light meals with a Caribbean twist (but still very good).

My only word of caution would be the bill, I not sure that it truly reflected the quality of the meal.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BCKN
Norwich, Vermont
“Not What It Is Cracked Up To Be!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

After being told that this was the best restaurant in Palmas del Mar, I was very disappointed with Chez Daniel. It started off badly when I asked the French female maitre d' what she considered were their best signature dishes. She arrogantly chose to treat me as though I did not understand French cooking or the French language! When I asked whether any of the seafood was fresh on the main menu, she took a long time answering and then had to admit that there was none.

Then wine waiter asked me to order wine before I had chosen my main course. When I said I would order after I had chosen the entree, he never returned!

When I narrowed my choice of entree down to a couple of dishes, I asked the maitre d' for her recommendation, and she said, oh, definitely the canard a l'orange. While beautifully presented, it turned out to be the worst duck I have ever tasted. Tough, sinewy, and unedible! The accompanying garlic, mashed potato and mixture of sauteed onions, tomatoes, and pepper were nothing special. The salad, however, ordered as an appetizer was one of the best salads I have had in Puerto Rico. Fresh and interesting! But, after the fiasco of the main entree, I skipped dessert and coffee.

The next day, when I went to pay for some items at the local post office, I found my credit card was missing from my wallet. I thought back to the evening at Chez Daniel, when I had last used it, and realised that the waiter had never returned the card with the receipts for signing. When I returned to the restaurant at opening time that same evening, I found that there were several other credit cards in their till. Further, there was no apology from the maitre d' on returning it to me, so I can only say diner beware!

I only wish I had eaten at C-Bar for my last dinner at Palmas del Mar.

• Visited March 2013
Edina, Minnesota
“Great Setting, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were staying in Palmas del Mar and we wanted our last night to be a special meal, and we went out with a bang! We had 8 people and made reservations for the outside dining area at the actual Chez Daniel (there are two other restaurants attached which are affiliated with Chez Daniel: The Tapas Bar and the Bistro). To start off, this place is super classy, which my family loves. The hostess is amazing, and she has a french accent to make it even more authentic. If I had to guess this is run by a real french family who came to Palmas to vacation and stayed, then opened a restaurant in paradise! The staff was super friendly and accommodating, we had two girls around the age of 10 and they offered to make them just plain noodles, or a smaller portion of anything on the menu, how amazing! Among my family was ordered the Lobster ravioli special, the tuna special, the halibut special, and plenty of deserts. All of which were amazing and top-notch. If you are looking for a classy experience with amazing food and don't mind a bill to go along with it, then you can't miss this place.

• Visited April 2013