“Bad. Bad.”

Chihuahua Tex Mex Cantina
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in Humacao
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is in a main plaza at Palmas del Mar, in south east area of Puerto Rico in Humacao. There are very few restaurants listed on trip advisor for this area.
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 8p on a Thursday. There was no one to greet me at the door so i assumed i could just walk in and sit where ever. There was an empty table and i sat and waited for my mom and sister to sit. A waiter rushed towards me to tell me the table was reserved and that i could NOT sit there. So i asked if there was another table and he said no, that i had to sit at the bar. So i was starving and decided to not wait and sit at the bar. So my mother and sister and i sat on the bar, the bartender came over and looked at me without uttering a word and we ordered 2 margaritas. Later on we never got a menu nor literally anything else. There was barely anyone at all. We had to yell as they rushed passes us to get everything, menus, our order taken, a simple glass of water and everything took an eternity. The service was completely unacceptable. The food was good AT LEAST because if not i would have definitely had a fit. We never heard a thank you or an enjoy or a how is everything. Don't bother going there NOT worth it. Very rude service they do not care.

2  Thank Samuelle R

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Love the nachos and the naked "churrasco" tacos are my favorites!
The owner Rene is very nice and make sure you feel welcome.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Chihuahua is a casual Mexican restaurant / Spots Bar. The food is excellent and the prices are fair. They have 2 for Tuesday from 7-9 pm every week, it gets packed so come in early (6:30-7:00).

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My two teens and I arrived here for dinner at 7:45pm on a Sunday night. Outside the tables were full so we went inside where it was relatively empty. It took a while to get anyone to acknowledge us, but when they did we ordered drinks and appetizers and our main course all at once. It took 50 minutes to get our appetizer which was nachos. OK, they were really good but I had to ask where they were four times. Here's the kicker, we never received our main courses. Nothing fancy, just fish tacos and beef tacos. Everytime we asked where they were the pat answer was "we are very busy". It wasn't that busy and somehow people who came in after us were served and had left!! Our waiter was no where to be seen and when I asked if they could fnd him they said he was helping in the kitchen, apparently not with our dinner. He never came out and we never received our dinners. At 9:30 we paid for our drinks and appetizer and left!!
Yes we are on vacation and were not in a rush, but we were hungry and this was unacceptable. I would never return.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Attentive, excellent service from Nicole, delicious food, great drinks, only restaurant we dined at twice while in the Palmas del Mar community. Ate outside in the courtyard, great atmosphere!