“Amazing! Highlight of our trip!”

Barefoot Travelers Kayak Tour to Monkey Island
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Humacao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Reservation in advance required for our Kayak Tour to Monkey Island. Please email for more details. Or call us in the office~ Thank you!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This tour is a must if you are in Puerto Rico. I cannot express how wonderful it was on every level! We went with our 9 and 11 year old-they also said this was the best part of our trip! Keishya was amazing-very professional, fun and had many interesting stories about the island and the monkeys. We saw so much action from the monkeys--one even went for a swim right in front of us! The snorkeling at the shipwreck was incredible-we saw countless types of beautiful fish-including starfish, eel, octopus, blowfish,etc...! The views of the rainforest from the water were simply beautiful! Keishya was great at taking pictures for us too! Make sure to bring sunscreen, sand shoes, even a swim/sun shirt and hat as you will be in the sun for 3 hours. Thank you Keishya for a trip we will remember forever!!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The 3+ hour kayak/snorkeling tour Keishya took us on was the absolute highlight of our trip! She rearranged her schedule to accommodate us (although I recommend making reservations in advance to avoid disappointment in case she has no availability). She has a warm and welcoming spirit and solid knowledge of the region!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was a great tour and we had a great guide (Bob). Its a wonderful kayak adventure with an amazing amount of Monkeys to see, the snorkeling was top notch (although I'm not very experienced) and both Bob and Keisha were terrific to deal with.
Great for the family.

1  Thank BobandMario
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Keishya is an amazing guide. She is patient. kind and knowledgeable. I am not an experienced Kayaker, i have done it a bit but only in lakes. I also don't swim or float. Keishya made me feel safe and comfortable from the beginning to the end. I even snorkeled a little. This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Puerto Rico, one i will NEVER forget. You owe it to yourself to go. Floating (with a life jacket) in 82 degree water is heaven. Sincerely Donna B

Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you're looking for a fun, somewhat athletic adventure in Puerto Rico, then don't miss out on this. Despite some brisk winds, we paddled out to the Monkey Island. We watched monkeys play and fight and move about. They're a blast to see. Then we snorkeled through a sunken barge that has been overtaken by hundreds of fish. This isn't too strenuous of a trip, but be advised that it's about a mile and half of kayaking round-trip plus an hour (or more) of snorkeling. This was one of the better things I've done in the Caribbean.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction