“horrible expirence”

The Villas at Palmas
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Humacao
The Villas at Palmas
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Humacao
New York City, New York
“horrible expirence”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in palmas for the weekend to celebrate my grand daughters birthday and we were very disappointed first when we arrived the girl at the registration was on the phone for at least 10 minutes she did not even apologize nor informed us that check out was at 10 am. On check out the receptionist called me to inform me that if I did not get out of the room they were going to charge me an extra night. She was very rude. I am a hotel employee and I believe that the guest should be treated with courtesy The rooms were dirty and the swimming pool had lime. Very disgusting. Will never stay there again

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
16 Thank Luz C

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Cockroaches in my room, the air condition did not work, the dishes, floors, and toilets were filthy! The sheets were stained w you know what!
Stay at a regular chain hotel...TAKE IT FROM ME!!!!!

Oh.... they had no toilet paper in the bathrooms too.!

• Stayed April 2011
15 Thank DMVcamelot
Little Silver, New Jersey
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Just returned from almost two weeks in this great resort.

The aprtment was equal to where we live in New Jersey (I could never understand why one takes a vacation, and stays in accomodations that are less than they live at home). Basically, a one bedroom apartment, with full kitchen, two TV's and a great deck, overlooking the ocean.

Great eating places nearby. Friendly people at the facility, as well as around the Island. My wife and I have roots in Puerto Rico, so we felt really at home.

Can't wait for our next trip back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank blacktree0215
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Exellent getaway with Oceanviews. Stood in a Studio Apartment with the Ocean a short distance away at the Dorado nice Balcony with Bamboo Patio Table and Chairs. Sofa King size Bed. All the comforts of Home in this Villa small very convienient kitchen with Pots Pans and Plates cups and Utensils small and large Refrigidator large Microwave over stove with fan and lighting; Air conditioning Pool and a hot Tub in the Pool area. Only fault that i found was in the Matress could be of a better Quality; Hard on the Knees if you know what i mean.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank thecomentador
San Juan PR
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Just returned from a stay at Crescent Cove Villa in Palmas. The Villa rental is run by VIP with offices in Palmas. We were extremely pleased with the experience. The Villa was clean, organized and completely stocked with everything you need for a week stay. The staff at VIP as well as all staff including security and pool maintenance were friendly, hardworking and extremely professional.. I would strongly recommend anyone rent at Palmas.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Carmenpont
North Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Not a bad property, but not good for Americans. Puerto Rican people here are not as nice as they once were. Watch out for VIP Properties. They are a rental group at Palmas. We were one of several groups that had problems with them; inaccurate location of rooms, no towels, broken appliances, broken air conditioning, neighbors (Puerto Rican) that had all night parties (no kidding) every night. That may sound like fun, but try loud pulsating music at 4 in the morning.
Repeated promises from VIP to take corrective measures with no follow through or return calls. They will lie to you and smile as they do it. BEWARE

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
16 Thank RogerHammer2
New York, NY
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My friend and I took a vacation to Puerto Rico the beginning of April with the intentions of doing quite a bit of sightseeing and enjoying the culture of the island. Villas at Palmas was an exceptional choice.
1. The villa was absolutely beautiful. It was clean, it was spacious. The kitchen provided all of the amenities you could think of and the sights from the balcony were amazing, especially in the morning and at sunset. The beach was only a walk away, and it was great to be able to go as we pleased. I couldnt have asked for a more beautiful place, my friend and I were in awe when we arrived.
2. Service was decent. When we arrived there was some confusion with our reservations and we actually did not have a room. Fortunately, the woman at the front desk made arrangements and we were able to book a room. This was frightening though, because I planned everything through a travel agency and I was shocked that the villas wouldnt take extra precaution to make sure everything was perfect. Besides this discrepancy, everything else was great.
3. The location is probably one of the iffy things about staying here. If you plan on leaving the grounds of the resort, be prepared. One, you must speak spanish or at least know a fair amount before venturing in Humacao. Thankfully, I speak spanish, but my friend does not and he had a very hard time. Two, as far as nightlife goes, your best bet are small roadside bars that serve food and cheap drinks. The music was great, the people were nice, but if you are looking for a more modern and traditional type bar/club you will not find it in Humacao or anywhere nearby.

Overall, my stay was absolutely wonderful. I would definitely come back again, especially if I am in need for relaxation, sun, and peace. If you are looking for more of a nightlife scene, you may need to go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank luvccrv612
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humacao
Parador Palmas De Lucia
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
The Fajardo Inn
The Fajardo Inn
#3 of 3 in Fajardo
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Villas at Palmas? Share your experiences!