“Best stop on my 8-day trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Humacao
Barefoot Travelers Rooms
Ranked #1 of 3 Humacao B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was by far the best hotel/guesthouse experience on my 8 day trip to Puerto Rico. I am a solo, woman traveler and drove around Puerto Rico for 8 days. I came by Barefoot Travelers Rooms while reading Lonely Planet book and was able to get a room that same day. The guesthouse consists of 3 rooms and I stayed there while two couples were vacationing there as well. Immediately upon arrival I felt at home as the other guests offered me a drink and some of their food they had purchased for the shared kitchen. The following night we all barbequed and drank wine. The owners of the home also have various activities they host, handgliding, kayaking etc. I opted to sign up for the kayaking trip to see the monkeys on a nearby island ('Monkey Island') and it was an amazing experience. Bob the host, had a wealth of knowledge about the island and its history in regards to the monkeys (monkeys are observed on this island for research purposes).

The room I stayed in was very clean and neat. Fresh linens & towels provided each day and option for AC or to have windows open. I personally preferred to have windows open, but AC is an option (previous reviewer had claimed that AC does not exist, not true).

Highly recommend, especially if you are a solo traveler and looking to meet other travelers.

Room Tip: All rooms feature a queen or king size bed. Fitness center is in nature via kayaking or swimming.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Nora P

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Bob & Keishya showed us a great time in Punta Santiago. Their guest house was spic and span with a great pool and outdoor area. We were upgraded (for free!) to the Maroon room which had a super comfy bed and private bath. We went on the monkey island kayaking tour which was the highlight of our trip. Bob and Keishya know the area really well and are excellent tour guides and snorkeling teachers (I was a little nervous....) and were quick to cater to our specific interests. They were beyond warm and the place was perfect. The only thing that we would changed was the length of our stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Margie K
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Barefoot Travelers for 5 of the seven days we were in Puerto Rico.She wanted to learn how to hang glide, and I needed to refresh some flying skills from a long layoff.
What makes this place special are the hosts Keishya and Bob. They are very hospitable and knowledgeable about the area. Because our goals on this trip weren't the typical tourist routine, Bob and Keishya worked out a plan for flight training as well as seeing some of the local attractions.
The guest house is located in a gated community with easy access to the beach and a nature reserve. Finding the inn the first time after dark was a bit of a challenge since none of the houses in the neighborhood have street numbers. I'm sure that finding a bright reddish pink house in daylight would have been much easier. The bedrooms are comfortable and clean and the property and pool are well maintained. The house has wi-fi access and a common shared kitchen and living room for the guests. One of the nice features of staying at this type of inn is meeting the other guests in the shared area. While we were there we met people from all over Europe and in the evening, we traded stories of the days adventures.
The hosts are quite helpful about all the local restaurants, shopping,activities and tours. Due to our flight training schedule, they made a special arrangement for a tour of the Bio-bay in Fajardo. They also made special arrangements with other local pilots for our tandem hang gliding mountain flights due to Bob not being able to fly the week of our trip.
Keishya and Bob worked with us and what we wanted to accomplish and made sure we had a great time while in Puerto Rico. When my girlfriend is qualified, we will be back for solo mountain flights. I highly recommend the Barefoot Travelers Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M W
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We spent in the Barefoot travelers first 3 nights of our stay in Puerto Rico. I must say after all the travelling we've done in Asia and Latin America, never had such a warm welcome, so friendly, helpful and hospitable hosts - Keysha and Bob. The guest house is very well located near beach, natural resort of Humacao, with possibilities of kayak trips to Monkey Island with Keysha, bio bay in Fajardo, Yunque rain forest. Much better than staying in San Juan and commuting from there. The rooms are clean and properly equiped, also the rest of ammenities shared with other guests are comfortable and great opportunity to meet other travellers, exchange experience and some local Bacardi ;) The pool in the house was a big plus, refreshing at any time. We also did the hang gliding with them, unforgettable experience for both of us seeing the world from the birds perspective and in between birds literally. We felt so good we did not even want to leave, so Keysha and Bob were so nice they let us stay till late afternoon, use the house, pool... we highly recommend the guest house, and all activities Bob and Keysha are offering to enjoy fully Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cencul
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here because we were keen to kayak to monkey island and my daughter wanted to try hang gliding. Bob and Keisha's house was so clean, comfortable and the pool was a bonus. Keisha took us up to the flying site and we learned so much about PR from her-especially interesting re elections that were going on. Jess had an amazing flight and afterwards Keisha took us to a wonderful ice cream shop to celebrate! We stayed an extra night as we just didn't want to leave and it was an easy drive to the bio bay from the house: an experience not to be missed!! Wish we could have spent longer and gone to the nature park next door to see the wild iguanas that other travellers staying had done. Met some great people and sharing the kitchen (and some rum and cokes!) is a lovely way to get a better insight into other places to go and see. I recommend these rooms and the activities they offer without hesitation

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GillianF49
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sorry it has taken so long to leave a review of this beautiful property! My husband and I stayed here in January of this year and we LOVED it! Bob and Keishya really made us feel at home and we were in a great location. We shopped at the local Wal-Mart for groceries for the week, made breakfast most mornings, enjoyed the local eateries (we couldn't get enough in fact..), and loved Humacao. This is a completely different traveling experience from staying in a hotel. It is a guest house in a gated community. We truly felt like locals as Bob and Keishya gave us great directions for places to eat at and see. We will definitely be back to Puerto Rico and to Barefoot Travelers Rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thanks to Keishya & Bob for a great stay!! My mom is originally from Humacao, and she, her cousin, and I traveled there from Florida to visit family in May. It was so much more comfortable to stay at Barefoot Travelers Rooms than impose on elderly family members. Our rooms were very comfortable and the kitchen was perfect for us to store our food and have breakfast in the morning. The prices were so reasonable!!! The owners are incredibly personable. Their dogs are very well behaved. We are not dog people, but did not feel uncomfortable with their presence. This is our go-to place from now on when we go back to visit! For new folks, you need to know that this hotel is located within a gated subdivision. It was a bit hard to find at first, but once you know where it is, it's no problem.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family