“A Home Away From Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Humacao
Barefoot Travelers Rooms
Ranked #1 of 3 Humacao B&B and Inns
St. Augustine, Florida
“A Home Away From Home”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First...Thank You, Bob & Keishya for your hospitality! We felt like we were staying with friends...from the blessing of the extra room to Bob cracking the coconut for our daughter, from your dogs to good conversation. These two know sooo much about the area and PR. If you are looking for a place with the comforts of home (like timeshare) but without the "knock of housekeeping!!!" and very personable & friendly staff then you have found the place. Thanks again guys for making our first day in PR PeRfect!
I do agree with previous review with regards to door locks. Rooms are rented individually and a stranger is still a stranger, Safety First ;o)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank TheGlads
KayakerPuertoRico, Owner at Barefoot Travelers Rooms, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you Glad Family (love saying that!) for choosing Barefoot Travelers Rooms and Adventures Guesthouse as the start of your Puerto Rico vacation.
We are also 'glad' that you enjoyed the recently installed locking bedroom doors for that extra sense of safety and security.
And very 'glad' to know you and your family were able to just 'chillax' here enjoying the guesthouse experience we offer with no worries!!! :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I came to Humacao to lend support to a sick brother hospitalized at nearby Ryder Memorial, and I needed a place to stay that was convenient for driving back and forth to the hospital and that had wi-fi so I could use the internet and send status update e-mails to concerned family and friends back in the states. Renting a room at Keishya and Bob's "Barefoot Travelors Rooms" was the best choice I could have made. They made me feel very welcome and were incredibly helpful and supportive, which made my medical advocacy aqnd support work much easier and far less stressful than it otherwise would have been. When my 5-day initial reservation needed to be extended repeatedly by a few days at a time, K&B were more than willing to accommodate the uncertainty of my ultimate checkout date and went out of their way to reassure me that they would not rent the room out from under me as long as I needed it. It turned out I did need it. I stayed 22 days assisting my brother and ultimately arranging for him to be transferred to a rehab center in the states. K&B extended numerous small kindnesses to me during my stay which relieved stress and made my life and logistics easier during a difficult period.

The atmosphere at Barefoot was very pleasant. The patio, the pool area, and the common living spaces inside the house were all well maintained and inviting. Nothing luxurious, but entirely welcoming and pleasant. I would highly recommend Keishya and Bob as very decent people and the Barefoot Travelors Rooms establishment to any travelor who would enjoy meeting a few other guests and sharing common space with them. It's a 3-bedroom set-up, so the number of guests is small and the setting intimate, yet with enough space to have privacy if you want it.

I would enjoy coming back to Humacao for a pleasure trip, and if I did, I'd book a room with Keishya and Bob at Barefoot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Jim K
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The host are great, the give you tips for what to do in the area, the place is clean, the pool is good, is close to the forest, all in all very nice. However the one thing I didn't like was that there was no room key, the give you keys for the house but no for the individual rooms, for some people this might be a issue so be advice, they said that they have never had any problems but just in case we took our important stuff with us all the time, they have dogs I'm not a pet lover but those dogs didn't bother at all.

Room Tip: If you want privacy choose the room that has a private bathroom, otherwise you'll have to share...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank gio25_us
KayakerPuertoRico, Owner at Barefoot Travelers Rooms, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you to these recent guests for this positive and constructive review.
We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and felt welcome here at Barefoot Travelers Rooms Guesthouse! We listen to the concerns and preferences of our valued guests seriously.
As such we shall be changing the door handles of our guestrooms this week to handles that lock with key thanks to your helpful feedback.
We hope this shall add more relaxation for you and all our 'Barefoots Travelers' in the future!
Keishya and Bob
Barefoot Travelers Rooms and Adventures Guesthouse
Earth
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Keishya and Bob are amazing hosts - informative, patient, and personable. The accommodations include a well-stocked kitchen (which mattered a lot to us, as we were on a tight budget), pool, beach and nature preserve a short walk away. We had plenty of privacy and could interact with our hosts at any time. We did the Monkey Island kayak trip with some snorkeling and learned quite a bit. We very much appreciated the opportunity to go snorkeling with them again (part of a celebration of Keishya's birthday) on our way out of town. Here's an example of why we were able to relax so well: my boyfriend's back was bothering him greatly; we were able to switch rooms for the original lower price so he could sleep on a different mattress (the first was not bad, but with the kind of back pain he was in, every detail matters). We enjoyed ourselves immensely and highly recommend them!

Room Tip: We preferred the room with private bath, but all are good options.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank GreenEyedWanderer
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Keishya and Bob welcomed us to their guest house and provided loads of information about amazing places to visit, things to do, and foods to eat. They are well-informed and boundlessly patient travel guides. Bob took us ocean kayaking and snorkeling, and took our 21-year-old daughter hang gliding. Keishya provided highly detailed maps and instructions for every where we went on the island, including the beaches at Luquillo, the mountain ziplines at Toro Verde, and the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The pool was generous in size and a great pleasure. The dogs were well-behaved and adorable. And Keishya and Bob were terrific hosts who were always available and never intrusive . It's not a fancy hotel or B&B. It's a real home in Puerto Rico with knowledgeable, bilingual hosts who welcome each guest as a treasure and want everyone to get to know Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: Keishya and Bob are thinking about doing some remodeling, so the house and rooms should be even nice...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Wendy R
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2012

i'm a procrastinator, but even though my partner and I stayed here 6 months ago I wanted to be sure to post a review to say what a great spot this is! We were looking for an affordable place with a kitchen, a pool, and beach access and this turned out to be perfect. Vacation planning can be tricky, and Keishya was extraordinarily helpful and communicative before and during our visit. They clearly love hosting people and sharing their home, which is clean and cozy. We were on a budget and did not do the adventure trips, and it's still a great place to be without that. Bonuses for me were the nature reserve an easy walk away, a great library of books (fiction and nonfiction), keishya's hand drawn maps, and dogs that were just friendly enough. it's not a tourist area, which was great for us, and aside from the beautiful spots was an easy drive from various grocery stores to get all our home cooking needs, as well as a great ice cream shop and surprisingly decent sushi!
this is not a luxury hotel or a hostel, but was exactly what we needed somewhere in between. Book your room and enjoy!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank J B
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Barefoot Travelers Rooms was absolutely perfect. Our hosts, Keishya and Bob, were warm, welcoming and accommodating. Keishya is a wonderful instructor and got us feeling very comfortable in the kayak in no time. Caya Santiago, a research facility, is a must visit in that it is rare one has the opportunity for such close viewing of the fascinating rhesus macaques mainly due to Keishya's familiarity with the r.macaque's daily routines. Upon returning to the mainland, we saw a small, scruffy, sweet dog being photographed by Keishya. Well, we ended up adopting that sweet dog (there are so many strays on the island). Keishya spent the rest of the afternoon with us at the vet, getting a travel certificate, assisting us in securing needed supplies for the journey. Without her, adopting Caya (our sweet dog) would not likely have occurred. So, from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you Keishya for all your help. We laud you for your rescue efforts, time, and persistence (and huge heart!), in finding these angels homes! We will certainly be back to visit!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are comfortable and clean. The one on the left has a private bathroom and faces th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Nima17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humacao
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Parador MaunaCaribe
Parador MaunaCaribe
#1 of 1 in Maunabo

Been to Barefoot Travelers Rooms? Share your experiences!