Barefoot Travelers Rooms
$248
$178
Priceline
  • Pool
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
$120
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewshang glidingnature preservekayak tourgated communitypuerto ricomaroon roomoff the beaten pathother guestsfull kitchenthree roomscomforts of homecommunal kitchennice poolguesthouseislandrainforestglider
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This was a great place to stay just steps away from the beach and a beautiful nature reserve. As a runner I appreciated Keishya drawing me maps of the trails so I could safely navigate on my own to do some running in the reserve and along the beach area. Our kayak trip to Cayo Santiago was awesome with views of the Rhesus monkeys running around on the island and a great snorkeling experience as well. It was my husbands first time kayaking and Bob and Keishya were great explaining all the dos and don't so he would feel comfortable. He is now ready to experience it again. The house is great, extremely comfy with all the necessities for spending lots of time in the outdoors. We stayed in the main bedroom and my only suggestion would be that the air conditioner be replaced with something quieter. We tried not to use it at all but with the bedroom door closed the air circulation was not there and the room became very hot. Other than that the place was great and we would definitely consider staying there again when we return to PR.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marjorie B
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I hadn't even heard of Trip Advisor before my friend and I decided to plan a quick visit to Puerto Rico. The Barefoot Travelers Rooms reviews stood out from the others, and so we booked a week there. The night we arrived, we watched the SuperBowl with our new hosts/friends Bob and Keisha, and their adorable rescue mutts. It was like a visit with family, only with more room and less stress. The next morning (and each morning thereafter) we found a coffee pot set-up in the well appointed kitchen, complete with fresh Puerto Rican coffee for the requisite morning jolt. Nice touch! We found it very convenient to use the kitchen to store and prepare our breakfasts, which we then enjoyed eating in the shaded patio out by the lovely pool.

As other reviews mention, Keisha goes out of her way to draw up maps and extensive directions to local sights, restaurants, etc. She directed us to one of our favorite hikes, on the south side of El Yunque. She and Bob led us and the other couple staying at the guest house on a kayak/snorkeling trip out to Monkey Island. Fantastic. K even took a video of my paddling skills (not) on her I phone, for the folks back home. Now, that's above and beyond the call of duty, as were Bob's coconut opening skills...PS: we saw a manatee on the paddle back that day.

Bob and Keisha are a hard to find combo of efficiency and laid-backness, great qualities in the guest house world. In fact, on our last day at Barefoot, Larry and I decided to just lounge around the pool and watch the blackbirds in the palm trees. We'll definitely be back.

Oh, one more PS: The place is SPOTLESS. And very generous with towels for the beach and even fresh aloe for sunburns.

Room Tip: All rooms are well equipped and comfy. It's worth paying a tiny bit extra to get the room with the private bath, if it's available.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NYCris
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My only regret is that we were unable to stay more than one night! Keishya and Bob were super friendly, helpful and cool to boot! Looking forward to our next adventure with them.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Theresa R
Reviewed February 9, 2012

It was great to stay at the Barefoot. Wish I could have stayed longer. Great house with spacious rooms and nice pool. Only short walk to the beach. Keishya and Bob were great hosts.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank vincef937
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Keisha and Bob are outstanding and memorable hosts. Their guesthouse is immaculate, their pool and patio ultra relaxing, and their nearby beach and hiking trails unspoiled. They will gladly draw maps to a homemade gelato shop, romantic sunset dining, or a tapas bar at a marina. On our last night Bob climbed a coconut tree at the beach and cut down fresh coconuts so we could taste the water inside - just another gesture of going above and beyond as hosts. If you are a traveler open to adventure and going off the beaten path you will not be disappointed. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2012