For the first three days when we arrived it was hard to enjoy the paradise there. A huge feeeling of frustration was the cause. We came with the Finnish agency Matkaporssi that lied even when presenting the hotel site as being a four stars hotel and asking for a price accordingly. And when you pay for a four stars hotel and you are in your honeymoon you also expect something special. The first impression was given by the floor looking so dirty and the moldy air inside the rooms. We try to put on the condition air but since it was black of mold and the air was even worse than the one in the room we had to switch it off. Now, we understand it is tropical climate but how can you pretend you have condition air when it doesn't work and it is not maintained? And how can you say then that you have it? And trust us it can be very hot and the only choice is the open window (which doesn't solve too much the problem) and that lets armys of mosquitos to come and make your night a living hell. The pictures from the website are nice but in reality you woun't get the quality you may think it is. It could be a two stars hotel (though we went in a 2 stars hotel in Egypt for half a price and double time with breakfast included and an impressive hotel quality for those 2 stars). Our impression overall it was that actually the people there don't really care if they have tourists or not because don't make any effort to feel you are wellcome there (they ignore you, even at the reception). Anyway this seems to be something common on the island since until 7.30 pm you can't find an open restaurant to eat. Not really nice when you don't want to cook during your holiday and you make diving and you are hungry from 5 o'clock. Beautiful island, it could have been a dream holiday but you know, we were happy to go back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canella Beach Hotel is located in Gosier, at the tip of “Pointe de la Verdure”, on a white, sandy beach, surrounded by lush tropical gardens.Located 5 miles from the capital city of Pointe-a-Pitre and 8 miles from the airport POLE CARAIBES, Canella Beach Hotel-Restaurant will offer you a perfect change of scenery.It is within walking distance of hotels, restaurants, shops, a movie theatre and a casino.The architecture of “Creole” inspiration and the colourful tropical decor of the hotel will be a welcome and relaxing change of scenery. The Canella Beach offers all the amenities of a traditional 3 stars hotel while giving you the independence of an apartment hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Canella Beach Hotel-Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Residence Canella Beach Hotel Gosier
- Residence Canella Beach Gosier
- Canella Beach Hotel-Restaurant Guadeloupe/Le Gosier