All reviews excellent hotel decoration swan business restaurant
Reviewed August 12, 2016

My sister and I usually prefer the center of town because we enjoy walking to attractions and exploring on foot. This wasn't possible in Toluca as it's not a usual tourist destination for foreigners, catering more to business travelers and locals for events, thus, we had to choose a hotel on the outskirts of town - and did we ever pick the right one, on the border of Toluca and Metepec, both cities we wanted to visit.

We were greeted by a young man named Eligio who introduced himself as the bell boy but he was ever so much more than that in a thousand little ways during our 4 day stay and I hope his boss has the good sense to promote him to concierge so the hotel doesn't loose the treasure they have in this warm, friendly and genuinely helpful young man. We were concerned about getting around but Eligio promptly arranged a private car and driver for us so we could come and go on our own schedule and not worry about transportation. It was much less expensive than you'd think, too.

The hacienda style layout has the public and meeting rooms in the front building facing the busy street. A small garden separates this from a second building behind, housing the guest rooms around an enormous and beautifully manicured garden with 2 large fountains. In my many years of travels, this was one of the quietest hotels I've ever had the pleasure to sleep in.

Our room was actually a suite with the sleeping area separated from the sitting area by a low wall and pillars. A Juliette balcony overlooked the gardens which I took too many photos of as they really were a splendid and unexpected surprise, an oasis of tranquility. The spacious bathroom was tiled entirely in soft shades of pink and tan marble (even the ceiling) and it had both a shower and tub with a huge "gold" swan for a faucet!

There's an on site spa, massage services and small swimming pool, none of which we tried as May was still quite chilly.

We took most of our meals in the hotel restaurant which offered an a la carte menu and daily buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm not generally a fan of buffets but the choices here were so extensive, the food delicious and well-prepared and the cost so reasonable that we passed on the a la carte menu after our first buffet (and probably ate too much during our stay!) The many salad offerings were especially innovative as they included fruits, vegetables, nuts and sashimi and a variety of tasty dressing options.

Not being a usual tourist destination, Toluca held many wonderful surprises for us, the biggest and best being the Quinta Del Rey Hotel, a true oasis just 2 hours from bustling Mexico City.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Progresolady
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Stayed here for 5 nights. Nice hotel with very spacious clean rooms. Bed was extremely comfortable. The downside, the bathroom was extremely small but not that bad. The hotel grounds are very well manicured.

I did not care for the restaurant at all. Food was not that great. Breakfast had a very limited selection and they also had buffet during lunch which was not all that good. I guess I had very high expectations since I like Mexican food.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

Went to Toluca for a business trip and stayed here for four nights.

Spacious and cosy room with view on Hotel own park garden.

Friendly and always helpful staff.

Breakfast with many cold and warm choices including eggs prepared to order, meat dishes, several bread options and fruit

Restaurant with nice food.

Supermarket about 10 minutes walk as well as an outstanding steak grill restaurant.

Bottled water was provided for free while a beer at the bar was 35,- pesos.

Taxis could be ordered at the desk at any time and were available within minutes.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Dear DR_Chrischi.
Thank you very much for choosing Quinta Del Rey in your past visit to Toluca. We want to thank you for writing a review about your experience with us. Of course is good to know that you enjoyed it.
Please come back and visit us again, we will be glad to have you with us once again.

Reviewed January 15, 2016

Nexto to a busy road from Mexico City to Toluca downtown there a garden of tranquility behind a hacienda front. This is a nice old hotel with great (basic) rooms. The restaurant serves great dinner and fantastic breakfast with the top being the Sunday brunch buffet. All very local ingredients perfectly served by the staff that must be as old as the hotel.
Great place, I love it!
For breakfast, don't forget to ask for the Cafe Fuerte.

Room tip: All the rooms I had were great
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2016

Dear DM_Business_Traveler.
Thank you for staying at Quinta Del Rey, we are so glad to hear from you, all our guests comments are so important to us, so we want to thank you for taking time to let us know your opinion, it is good to know that you spend a nice time with us, and that you like the hotel and the service. We hope to have you here with us in the near future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

Quenta Del Rey is best described as being a Hacienda style building and layout. With winding hallways, courtyards and nicely sized rooms.

The rooms were clean and very spacious (suite like). The rooms are ornate with marble and stone floors and my room had stone pillars. Each room comes with heaters so even though it was cold my room warmed up nicely even with all of that stone trying to hold onto that cold.

The Internet connection was great for my needs with no troubles throughout my trip. The Wi-Fi signal was strong in my room and had no issues connecting all of my devices. The lighting was good so I could get plenty of work done in the room.

The staff was very friendly and prompt with service. Some of the staff did not speak English very well but I still was able to get all of my needs taken care of without too many difficulties.

Had three meals at the hotel during my stay and all of them were delicious. One of my traveling companions, a known very picky eater, did not like the fish he was served at one of the dinners but that was only one dish out of many. Realistically the problem could have been with my dinner guest and not the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2016

Dear DGMun

I has been great to read your review, we appreciate the time you took to write it, and let other people know about your experience, and also we thank you because you let us know how was your stay.
We certainly hope to have you with us again, it will be a pleasure.
Have a wonderful week