“Business Trip”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Toluca
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I found the staff and accomodations excellent. The hotel is a bit eclectic but in a good way. The staff was always friendly, would remember you and as a plus for me, spoke excellent English.

The morning breakfast bar had a decent assortment of fruits and breads with a chef to make omlettes, etc.

My room was very big, with a sitting area as well a king bed. They provided excellent fudge every night. (not so sure that was good for my diet but it tasted good.)

Overall a good quality hotel at a good price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear easorses, we want to thank you for your comments, our purpose is to improve our service, and this can be done when we know what are we doing right, and what can we do better, so the staff appreciates the time you took to feed us back. We all wish to have you once more with us. Have a great week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel since it was built and it just keeps getting better. I enjoy the quite, warm safe atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff. The rooms are large and well appointed and housekeeping staff is excellent. The restaurant is very good and there are many other food options within walking distance. I enjoy the landscaped courtyard that I walk in daily. Excellent place to relax after hard day at the office.

Room Tip: I always ask for an"Imperial Room" and have never been disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear John G thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments, for us is very important to know the guests opinions in order to improve our service. Thank you for staying with us during this years, it is glad to know that you like the hotel service. Have a wonderful week. Looking forward to have you with us once again.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the excellent comments made by many others but after 3 weeks in the hotel my lasting impression will be COLD. Rooms very comfortable almost suite size. Very clean. But throughout my stay the pervading cold is my lasting memory. Plus the hotel was almost empty, most mornings alone in the cold restaurant eating off cold plates. Very much an air of abandon. I am still in Toluca but in a much more comfortable hotel. More later.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dmacseoin
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments, our team appreciates that you took the time to write about your experience, we are taking the time to see what we did wrong so we can improve our service, and solve our guests needs. Please let us be in touch with you so we can offer you a personal apology.
iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel that is very reasonable in price! The food and bar are very good as well and the workers are always friendly and helpful! there are many food places that are close by as well. I feel very safe and the gardens are so well maintained and wonderful to walk around after a long day. I would not stay anywhere else when in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank marscity
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing us as an option when you stay in Toluca, we do take special care in our gardens so our guest (as you were saying), can have a relaxing time. We appreciate your comments thank you for taking time to write about us. Hope to have you here with us once again.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Okay in truth, I haven't stayed in this hotel since 1996 when I was married and had my reception in their ballroom. I had been staying there on business off and on for several years and at the time thought it the most charming, lovely, old world hotel with the most attentive staff that I had ever stayed in. I still do. I've never found another hotel like that. Although, we stay with my wife's family when we visit Toluca now, we've been back to eat at their excellent restaurant and to look around. It is even lovelier now, with more gardens and additions. Guys I work with who stiil stay here say it is still the best hotel around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Sir, thank you for your comments, it is glad for our staff to know that you had a nice time staying with us. We are in the way to do things better, and the comments of our guests help us to know what direction we have to take. Thank you once again.
Lebanon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Quinta Del Rey Hotel on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The room was luxurious, clean, and comfortable. The people that worked there were always cheerful and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Toluca area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Michael_Alwardt
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments, we are glade to know that you enjoy your business trip, staying with us, this will help us to continue improving our Service. We hope to have you here with us once again.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Check-in was easy and staff friendly. King bed room was good size. Bed firm, but comfortable. Many TV channels (dish) to choose from. Two bottled water in room at no charge. Beautiful decorations with old Mexico charm. Hotel feels like early 40's but is actually only new since 1990's.

No problem with hot water. Lots of brass accents in bathroom. Does NOT have central heat or air, would be OK in summer but cool in winter. Stayed 20+ nights for business travel. If getting wake-up call, make sure front desk knows to speak with you - or will just call room and maybe miss wake-up call.

Bar and restaurant prices are real reasonable. Food is very good in dining room. But, watch the wine. Had a couple of bottles presented that were unacceptable. Very friendly staff. There are a couple other restaurants within walking distance. Comaloche, TGI Fridays, and Seafood real close. Nothing else really close by within walking distance. Breakfast buffet is simple and reasonably priced. Choose from typical breakfast foods. Tip: Ask server for toast.

Overall, I give 4 Stars. Nice, quaint hotel, reasonable priced. Not affiliated to a larger chain, so do not expect any points.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Room with newer TV.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank chart_boy2012
Quinta Del Rey H, Gerente at Quinta Del Rey Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to write your comments, we really appreciated to know about your experience with us. We knew about your experience with the wine at the restaurant,and we change all the bottles we had. Now they are new.
Also about the wake up calls, I am taking personal supervision on that matter, with the front desk manager.
Please write us to our e-mail, in case that you have any more comments to make us, we will make sure to solve them.
We are developing a reward program of our own, and we will be happy to explain it to you in your next visit.
Thank you once again for your comments, they do help us to improve our service. Have a nice day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toluca
Quinta del Rey Express
La Muralla
La Muralla
#1 of 5 in Metepec
Fiesta Inn Toluca Centro

Been to Quinta Del Rey Hotel? Share your experiences!