“First time Cold Stone Creamery Experience”
Review of Tim Hortons

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tim Hortons
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Deep River
Reviewed August 25, 2013

On our way home we stopped at this Tim Horton's location for a "pit" stop. It was a warm day so we decided to try the Cold Stone Creamery. Yummy! Since we had never tried it before, the attendant was great about explaining what was included and what we needed to choose. The combinations are endless, the portion was more than adequate, the flavours were great. We will definitely try it again!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

About the same as any Tim Horton's... except the parking lot/drive thru design is ridiculous considering the amount of customers trying to hit the only Tim Horton's in the area.

Seriously, the ice cream was awesome. I really enjoyed it. But it took 20 minutes in line just to pay, then the employee working the cold stone took orders from people that had not waited in line or paid and we had to wait another 10 minutes even after I politely mentioned aloud that we had already paid and should be served first.

Our second time through wasn't so bad. There was about a 10 minute wait for us in the drive in. But going in would have taken longer. This was later in the evening. During the day it is nuts.

Will get to the third trip in a minute.

There is one entrance/exit to the lot. I overheard a local saying there used to be one that went out to the beer store parking lot next door but the beer store put up a curb to prevent people from exiting that way or else their insurance would go up or get pulled. There are THAT MANY customers. lol

The drive thru line is almost always lined up through the parking lot out to the road. This wouldn't be so bad with a dedicated drive thru lane as seen at some Timmie's, but this line goes right down the middle of a very narrow parking lot, so people have to wait for the mercy of drive in customers to let them out of spots. When you have customers fearful of losing their spot, many will not let others in. People get angry fast.

I tried to let two people out of the back of the lot only to have the jerk stuck parked beside me start yelling at me to get out of his way. He was fairly apologetic when I explained I was letting two others out, but the aggression was unreal at first.

Our third trip there was a big accident right at the entrance of the lot (probably happens often as the entrance is right off the highway. People do not slow down in the area always. Be careful!) I actually parked a couple lots down at a car mechanic and walked over.
With the parking lot basically closed, there were fewer customers... but this still meant a 15-20 minute wait in line and the server, who was not in training, seemed to barely have any idea as to what button did what on the till.

I'm happy to get a cup of coffee, but the parking lot design is *outright dangerous* and the service is sometimes not very good.

Also, the ice cream is relatively cheap if you get the plain flavours. If you go for the fancy stuff the price basically doubles. (5-6 bucks for a large bowl of fancy ice cream)
The waffle bowl was beyond stale as well.

2  Thank JDPKingston
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Whoever invented the design for this restaurant had no clue what they were doing. Stopped in Deep River to get a coffee and parked the car. When we went to pull out we were stuck in behind the drivethru with no other way to get out. You literally had to "drive thru" the drivethru lane if somebody would let you in. The coffee was ok so nothing against the restaurant but I had to give this a bad review as a warning to people who stop there.

1  Thank roadwearytraveller
Reviewed September 15, 2011

During our bike ride from Winnipeg to Kingston in June, we noticed that the Tim Horton's in Deep River was making ice cream on site, and using real cream. Thus, on our way through in August we made a point of stopping to try it. Our experience was both good and not so good.

Firstly, the ice cream was excellent. It was smooth and very creamy, even more than I expected. That's the good.

Second, the not so good. It was very, very creamy. Over the years, my palate has become accustomed to less overall- less salt and less cream. I found that their ice cream was now too rich for my palate. For that I can only blame myself. Nevertheless I was disappointed that I didn't enjoy this ice cream in the manner that I had anticipated.