“Sorry its taken so long to post our review!”
Review of Assynt House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Evanton
Assynt House
London
“Sorry its taken so long to post our review!”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Apologies that it has taken so long to write our review! We stayed at Assynt house in July 2009, and cannot recommend it highly enough. The house is beautiful and perfectly maintained, it is easy to see the love and care that has been placed into the restoration. Hosts Graham and Liz are friendly, helpful and attentive, providing a real 5-star service. Please make sure you get Graham to cook dinner while you are there! Good luck for the future guys and apologies again for the delay in posting!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark-HertsUK

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2010

13 of us stayed at Assynt House for a week. The purpose of the family get together was to celebrate my Brother in Laws 60th Birthday.

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Graham and Elizabeth, the experience just grew and grew. Assynt House opened circa 2006 following a major restoration project and the standard remains first class.

Elizabeth has excellent taste and each room has its own individual personality and ambiance. My husband and I had the Raspberry room, the bed was to die for, and the views out over the garden and countryside to the distant Cromarty Firth very both beautiful and tranquil.

By prior arrangement Graham and Elizabeth catered for the Birthday dinner. Graham supplied a selection of menus including Canopies served in the drawing room with Champagne (supplied by ourselves) to the Coffee and tablet to finish....Graham was very flexible in our menu choice and our family dietary requirements were fully catered for.

The table settings and individual menus were just lovely and a little memento of the evening. It was a great evening enjoyed by all and a lovely memory to have.

There is so much to see and do around this area, Dunrobin Castle and Falconry was a great success. The Oyster Catcher Restaurant superb, but must be booked. The younger adults visited Fort George another successful outing. Beaches are delightful, lots of wildlife, never a dull moment.

Glenmorangie Distillery excellent tour and the guide Kathleen was great, so funny. The Black Isle Brewery was an experience and worth a visit, never ever thought of having beer with Oysters but they do a Hibernator Beer that goes very well……

Over and above the fabulous accommodation and the friendliness of Graham and Elizabeth and their staff; the standard of local information available within the property ranging from information sheets, tourist guide books, and free internet was tremendous though unexpected.

Add to that the complimentary pastries for the ladies and malt for the gents, can’t wait to go back to Assynt House…….

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank YOUNGBIZ
Kent
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have stayed here several times now and have the best time each time I go! The attention to details and the personal touch make this place, as well as it being situated in an idyllic location which is beautiful and peaceful. The owners Liz & Graham make each stay a special and magical experience! The food is divine and all tastes and preferences are well catered for! I have stayed in several of the rooms and cannot decide on a favourite, they are all different and perfect in different ways! The house and the grounds are so well looked after and beautiful you really feel in touch with nature whilst surrounded in luxury!
I cannot recommend this place enough, each time I visit I do not want to leave, but when I do I feel so rested and revitalised! I definitely believe this place is one of a kind, you will not find the hospitality, attention and magical experience anywhere else in the world!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KayinKent
Edinburgh
Reviewed August 21, 2009

From the moment we first made contact to arriving home again after our week-long stay, the owners of Assynt House could not have been more welcoming and helpful. They have worked meticulously to restore this lovely country house and take real pleasure in ensuring their guests' enjoyment of it and all that it has to offer. The wedding itself was wonderful - a small gathering outside in the lovely grounds, with everything quietly but expertly organised; flowers, the piper, the minister, and dappled sunshine for the service with a delicious meal to follow. The rest of the week, when we were self-catering, was equally enjoyable as Assynt House is so well appointed and comfortable with everything you might need readily available. Everyone (Japanese and British alike, from early twenties to nearly 90!) expressed their appreciation of the rooms, furnishings, facilities, and surroundings, as well as the relaxed and relaxing atmosphere. There is plenty of space for people to spread out and pursue their own interests or to be together as a group (while the daily housekeeping service ensures that it really is a holiday!). Assynt's location is ideal whether for local walks, mountain biking, clay pigeon shooting or generally exploring this part of Scotland both along the coast and up into the mountains. We were able to do something different everyday, with different family combinations, and not be concerned about timekeeping to replenish supplies of food and drink as there are shops nearby which stay open late. Even our visit to the local minor injuries clinic was a pleasure!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank KateDEdinburgh
Scotland
Reviewed May 6, 2008

Well...... i simply can not praise this house, nor Graeme and Elizabeth enough this is a jewel indeed.

12 of us, not in our first flush of youth stayed at Assynt to enjoy cycling and walking with good food and lots of wine.

We have as a group being doing this for many years and this has to be the best house ever.

The kitchen has simply everything you could think of and the hamper provided was full of goodies ...including wine!

Our first night,we cooked for ourselves on the fabulous gas cooker and the aga. The second night we invited Graeme to be our chef and chose a 3 course dinner with smoked salmon, beef and sweet provided with coffee and petit four all for £35.00 restaurant standard food all served by Elisabeth and two girls and done with such style.

I am still racking my brains to find one negative?

If i was to be very picky i would suggest they make the sign a wee bit bigger at the gate...only because one of our party missed it and had to reverse a whole 20 yards.... i found something to complain about....but the person in question is short sighted!

If your going to have a week with friends or a special birthday party or even a small wedding ...go for it you will not regret it.

We only found this place through our daughter who had spent the Hogmanay week filling the house with friends and she enthused so much we had to try it for our selves.

Stayed May 2008
4 Thank frugalmacdougall
sussex
Reviewed March 9, 2008

I would selfishly love to keep assynt house a secret, but since returing from a weeks stay can't stop telling people how wonderful it is.
My daughter invited friends and family to share her 40th birthhday at Assynt House, none of us wanted to leave.
Assynt House surpassed our expectations we really found a jewel in the Crown, my only concern is more people will find out about Assynt House and the dates we might want in the future will be unavailable. - Let Graham and Elizabeth the owners prepare you a 3 course dinner during your stay you won't be dissapointed, I can't wait to return with family and friends next year.

Patricia Wickens

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank leesussex
London
Reviewed August 21, 2006

Did you ever stay in a place that you wanted everyone you've ever met to know about? Well I've just found that place. Assynt House in Evanton Scotland.

I was lucky enough to get invited to a 30th birthday party being hosted at Assynt House, which is not only a beautiful property, but truly one of the most hospitable places in which I've ever stayed. Surrounded by the kind of Scottish scenery that makes you want to abandon everything you know and love down south, the house is as magnificent on the inside as it is on the outside.

As a huge fan of the Scottish countryside, I was delighted to find that our accommodation was a beautiful mansion, complete with turrets, nestled discreetly amid rolling hills and woodland, with a breathtaking view over the nearby Cromarty Firth. On the inside, the house managed to combine comfort and luxury, together with tradition and style. Every room has something unique to offer, making it even more appealing to share with friends, just so you can nip in and out of each and every room.

Whilst staying in the grandeur of Assynt House our hosts could not have been more accommodating. The owners of the property bent over backward to make sure that every one of the guests there to attend the party not only had a comfortable stay, but as quite a diverse group, they really went the extra mile in helping each of us to achieve the kind of weekend we were looking for in the Highlands, in addition to the festivities of the birthday bash.

The 30th birthday party itself was a resounding success, thanks again to the efforts of the Assynt House staff. Good food, good wine and a Scottish band to boot ensured that every single guest at the party was celebrating the night in true Scottish style.

I can honestly say that the level of care and organisation that we experienced at Assynt House made me wish I'd chosen to have my own wedding put in the very capable hands of the Assynt House team. It's not often that you come across an establishment that really knows how to blend the splendour of a large property with the genuine hospitality you'd associate with close friends.

So if you are looking to hire out a beautiful Scottish property - I wholeheartedly recommend staying at Assynt House - I know where I'll be looking to stay for Hogmanay!

11 Thank clairehat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evanton
Kincraig Castle Hotel
#3 of 34 in Inverness
Tulloch Castle Hotel
Tulloch Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Dingwall

Been to Assynt House? Share your experiences!