“nice staff shame about the rest of the hotel.”

National Hotel Dingwall
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dingwall
Reviewed October 31, 2011

stayed with a coach party17th october 2011, the hotel was grubby, the room was cold all through our stay. There were gaps in the window & no locks either. The shower was brand new but there was no water it was not plumbed in.
The only word for the food ... disgusting.. they couldn't even boil an egg, it was raw when it arrived at the table but the next one that arrived was okay.
During our stay there were lots of guest not well whether that was down to the hotel I don't really know, but one thing is for sure we will not be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ratbag1Leeds

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I went to the National Hotel with a coach party, the hotel looked dated, I was shown to my room on the ground floor, the room was tiny, the bed covers didnt look clean, in fact the next day I bought a king size sheet from M&S and each night wrapped myself into it, the food on the first night was inedible, my room had no mirror, the driver got me one next day, the towels were no bigger than hand towels,they were rough, and scratchy, the waiting staff were excellent,could'nt do enough for you .. also there were no problems with the bar staff, never again...........................

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Lynda M E S
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Was a bit apprehensive staying at The National Hotel after reading the reviews we also travelled with Travelstyle we had no problems whatsoever friendly staff good food and comfy and very clean room

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed August 19, 2011

me, my family & sum friends stayed here with travelstyle coach hols! we loved it! staff wer friendly n helpful... 10 out 10 for food! cant beat a full scots breaky buffet :)

Room Tip: i paid a supplement 2 have a single room :) fvery cosy
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank shan1990
Reviewed August 16, 2011

we stayed at the national hotel at dingwall for the weekend it was a coach tour we were with 2 other couples we had a nice room nothing fancy we got what we paid for but one of our freinds had a room at the back on the bottom floor. it was dirty there was dead flys and empty bottles it was a disgrace i went with my freind to complain the man at reception was rude to my freind and told her there was nothing he could do about it .when i got back i wrote to the tour company they never replyed to me . the food was okay you got a choice the entertainment was good.i would stay there again but not on the ground floor Dingwall is a lovely freindly place nice small shops and social club great views all around dingwall.

Room Tip: rooms on the second and third floors are best
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy R
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Went as part of a 4 night coach holiday with Travelstyle. Arrived 8.30pm reday for the 9 pm meal specially arranged for us. Very nice soup and steak pie followed by a relaxing end of evening in the bar. Next day was free to roam around the town, but it didn't take long to realise this isn't really a holiday place. Some pubs on the high street, but they were run down and not for families in any way. Glad we jumped on the bus to strathpeffer, where shearings and national holidays go - much more up market. Anyway the bedrooms were small but clean. Food was ok on tuesday - but just ok. Wednesday was a disaster. Coach broke down so lost 2 hours off the day. Sat down for the evening meal, but not prepared for what was served up to me. I ordered gammon and pineapple in a peach sauce - it was AWFUL the worst food I have ever had in a restaurant. I was unable to cut the meat, which was processed and not cooked. The waitress said she would tell the chef about it. But that was it - heard nothing else about the matter. Ordered salad for the last night to be on the safe side. Some entertainment put on to be fair

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank stephen f
Reviewed August 10, 2011

me and some friends went to stay in this hotel. it was a really good place to stay in the staff are so friendly and good fun. they made are stay really good. the food was not the best but okay. will def recommend this place to other

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingwall
Kinkell House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Contin
Kincraig Castle Hotel
Kincraig Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Invergordon

Been to National Hotel Dingwall? Share your experiences!