Kinkell House Hotel
$121
Ben Wyvis Hotel(Strathpeffer)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
The Dower House(Muir of Ord)
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsblack islesmall hotelhoneymoon suitefirst classrun separatelypatio doorsstunning viewsdining roomwaterfall showerquiet and comfortable roomhappily bookseparate businesscreaking floorboardsgreat comfortlovely hotelsuperb foodlarge tv
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The place has an ambience of relaxation within a few minutes of arriving. Then you can settle down in front of a log fire in the lounge and enjoy a good measure of your favourite tipple and totally unwind. My room was well appointed and spotlessly clean as well as spacious. The view from the room over the firth was stunning, specially early in the morning with the sun rising over it.
The staff were very attentive without being annoying................an art a few other places I've stayed in could develop. The food is another reason to try Kinkell house. I enjoyed my dinner so much I mentioned it to the waiter, who replied "Thank you sir, I'll pass on your compliment; it is the young lad who is on tonight" If "the young lad" as he put it could produce food of the quality I experienced, then I am going back to try the Chef's offering.
All round great place to stay; not that far from Inverness (10 min drive) and very close to route north and west. This would be an excellent stay for golfers visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room; the view is spectacular
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hugh M
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I arrived in the dark so couldn't see the stunning views from the restaurant.

The room I was given (room 8) was above the kitchen, despite only 2 guests, including myself, staying overnight. Noise abated at about 10.30. The room was adequate, if a bit plain, with a new bathroom, with a good shower, and peeling paint above it!!

Evening meal was of good quality. The lounges downstairs are relaxing with an open fire, and good wifi that is free

Breakfast arrived with the black pudding fried in the plastic wrapper. When I complained about this they said "it's what we do"

A nice hotel in a stunning location, spoilt by a lack of attention to detail when I stayed

Room Tip: Don,t accept 8 or 9 they are over the kitchen and not quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is a small hotel well placed for those travelling north of Inverness.
Rooms are comfortable with adequate amenities. Showers are electric, TV's are small but the room represents excellent value for money. One of my big positives is free wi-fi with a good speed connection. Views from rooms at the rear of the hotle are excellent.

Only ate breakfast at the hotel which was fine. Kitchens were being upgraded so that sounds like the hotel are interested in the standards of food they supply.

Overall, comfortable, clean hotel representing very good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travellerecosse
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife & I had a very pleasant one night stay in this hotel - such a lovely setting - even got to stand at the back fence talking to a farmer who was walking his property checking fences and his sheep. Very scenic and we were lucky to arrive after the main summer rush was over - we felt like we were almost exclusive guests. Jamie MacLennan was first class in all respects. We had very good service for dinner and breakfast. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: The best rrooms of course are the ones on tjhe back side of the property where one looks out over the pastures and beyond to the town of Dingwall itself the surrounding area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

On our way to the Hebrides our group stayed overnight at the hotel. We were made welcome and our rooms were very good, with nice country views. The food at dinner and breakfast was excellent. After dinner we went to one of the small lounges that had a roaring fire to relax with a malt whisky - the bar had an excellent choice of malt whiskies. We had a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a good room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends