Tulloch Castle Hotel
Tornapress(Dingwall)
$92
Urrard B&B(Dingwall)
$100
The Waverley Inn(Dingwall)(Great Value!)
$77
$75
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsghost tourfour posterposter bedno liftold buildingreception arearoom was largemodern hoteldining roombar menulots of historyroaring firefull scottish breakfastloch nessfantastic stayboth nightsevening meal
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed 2 nights, and it lived up to our expectations - good location, interesting building, helpful staff. We ate in the bar, which was very good, and had some original dishes - black pudding with marmalade mashed potato - believe me it works very well. Most of the food seems to be made on the premises (rather than a caterers' pack) which is always a plus. Very good breakfast, well served.
We got a good late deal, and it was value for money. We would go again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

just stayed one night and a great little hotel and a great experince - I can't belive some of the negative comments , and the staff were first class.

I would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Yes, its old and needs some repairs, but it overs a special feel one gets staying in such an old castle.You might hear some sounds at night, the doors will creak but , I think you will enjoy your stay hear It's a little remote, but we liked visiting the down and even drove up to Dunrobbin Castle..so beautiful.
We especially like the food..The lamb was out of this world..not really, In Scotland, just hang your head out a window and gaze around and you will find a little lamb somewhere.But, all ther food we had was excellent at Tulloch.
My only complaint, and this comes up a lot in the UK is smoking. Its smoke free but with exceptions. We were located directly above the bar area, and the smoking area was so close to our room , we smelled cigarettes everytime someone lit up.Ask for a room on the east side, I believe, or, opposite the smoking area. Your not safe above the entrance either, as people constantly smoke there too! This is an area , as Americans, we aren't use to dealing with as hotels in the USA have much better management of smoking areas.
Otherwise, we enjoyed staying at the Tulloch very much. The rooms were large and high ceilings. The beds werent the best in comfort, but better than some. An area that needs improvement.
But, its a unique place to stay and I would go back again , but request a room opposite the smoking area.Also, no internt that works except in lobby due to thick walls..

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Weekend stay with 3 young kids for my wife's 40th. Up from London- expected something grander- more of a Manor House then traditional castle and apparently transformed in 1988 to a hotel. We stayed in the 2 bedroom flat and 1988 was pretty much the last time this place had been decorated. Very tired and worn around the edges plus the (un)working fridge had stale stinking pizza in it from the last residents.
The much needed refurbishment reflected in all aspects of the hotel. I agree with some comments-surrounding area a bit like a council estate.
Food very average- someone like Brake Bros ( all frozen) most likely- nothing I can't get in SE London and not atall Scottish.
Hideously overpriced but the whole of the Highlands I found the same- West End prices!
Staff saved the day- courteous and willing to help- nothing too much trouble.
Book with care.....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank cortinamarque3
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My Wife and i just returned from one of our best week ends away for a very long time. We stayed in room 7 of this 16 room castle . The bed was very comfortabe one of the best. The dacor could do with a make over, but we believe this is an on going proces . The bathroom was as you would expect for a castle. HOT water by the gallon. The restarant was very good , my wife had the cajan duck i had the lambs live . This was the best liver i have ever tasted. Having eaten liver for thet past 58 years i have a good idea of what is good or bad.Compliments to the chef... Breakfast was very good. In one word for this establishment . EXELENT

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple