“Lovely Lunch with view to die for!!”
Review of Old Manor Hotel

Old Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lundin Links
Reviewed October 8, 2012

On Saturday four of us had a most enjoyable lunch in the Seaview Restaurant overlooking the golf course and the panoramic sweep of the bay and it was my fourth lunch there in the past couple of months. Food was excellent as always and beautifully presented by the friendly staff. We all had different starters, mains and sweets plus coffee and drinks and most certainly not one complaint about our meal only praise for the chef. I had icecream for my sweet and it was deliciously creamy.

Referring to the previous poster I have exceptionally high standards otherwise I would not be getting married and holding my reception at The Old Manor next week!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Hello! Thank you for your kind comments, and to have the earliest possible opportunity to wish you both every happiness on behalf of everyone at the Old Manor! I hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Alistair.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had dinner here at Saddler's Grill at the weekend, and it's safe to say I won't be returning here. The food was of poor quality, and service was below average. Unfortunately, it's the usual story of many restaurants in the area. Over-inflated prices, for badly 'cooked' food, using the cheapest ingredients. Better food would have been served up in a fast food outlet. This restaurant has been closed for quite a while for 'major refurbishment' but I fail to see what has actually changed except for the addition of some cheap laminate flooring. The food is worse than before, and there was no atmosphere in the restaurant. Our waitress was very abrupt and looked like she really didn't want to be there. Overall, a very poor standard and I would advise anyone to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank xlynnbx

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to Saddler's Grill. I acknowledge that standards of food and service were not acceptable on the particular occasion in question, as likewise acknowledged in the previous response.

As outlined, I am confident we have resolved our kitchen 'issues', and our disinterested waitress is no longer with us. I would point out that we do use good quality produce, the same throughout the whole hotel.

In respect of the Grill's refurbishment, the feedbck we have received has been excellent - the changes from the rather tired Coachman's era have been considerable, therefore I am perplexed at your comments. Likewise your statement regarding the flooring!

In light of your comments regarding your meal, I would welcome the opportunity to show you round the restaurant, and to point out the changes we have made.

Thank you again, AW Saddler.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a family meal in the Saddler's Grill on Saturday 6th and were very disappointed and will not return. In my opinion, the food in general was very inferior in quality and presentation,However,to be fair,those in the the party who had fish had no complaints.My daughter and I had the chicken stuffed with mozzarella and tomato in a balsamic jus. There was one sunblush tomato in the chicken and the whole dish was presented swimming in brown gunk - not balsamic jus. The potatoes had bruised bits on them and the spinache had grit - obviously unwashed. Chicken poor quality. It is the worst main course I have had anywhere in a long time and I would be very suspicious of the fact that the chicken dish and much of the other food was actually cooked on the premises - as in freshly prepared.
The children in the party ordered strawberry sundae as a sweet and were presented with vanilla ice cream - the cheap kind which was predominantly ice crystals and ONE strawberry on top - with the husk still in - come on - totally unacceptable. Will not be back unless major changes are made. For those people who give positive reviews, I don't know what kind of standards they have

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your family meal at Saddler's Grill. i am extremely disappointed to read your comments, especially as we have receivd generally good feedback since re-opening this part of the hotel's business in the Spring.

That said, we have experienced changes in our kitchen personnel, and have found that for a couple of days, the standards of quality and consistency did indeed fall. We do cook our food from fresh, as is our policy, though I accept again that the quality of some of the food you were served was not acceptable.

We have now recruited new kitchen staff, who have been spending time learning to cook our menu, and whilst I note that you do not intend returning, I would welcome a second chance to show that we are capable of upping our game.

Kind regards, AW Saddler.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were bought this weekend away as a present. On arrival we found a very professional and warm welcome. Our room was spacious with a stunning view over the Forth Estuary. We were on a dinner inclusive package which did not disappoint. The staff were attentive but not intrusive, the food tasty and well presented.
Breakfast was taken in the main restaurant with amazing views of the golf course and estuary. Breakfast was really enjoyable, full Scottish and plenty of coffee.
There is free wifi and a beautiful lounge to relax in. This has been a perfect break and most enjoyable.

Room Tip: Room 8 is a lovely size with a seating area and four poster bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, naturally I was delighted you enjoyed your stay. All the best, AWS.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great hotel, nice staff, views from restaurant are breathtaking, only one wee thing I would have liked a shower cap, the toiletries were a nice touch. Looking forward to returning.We stayed here as part of an internet deal and paid £75 dinner bed and breakfast worth every penny and would love to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Attended a family wedding and stayed for two nights. The staff were excellent nothing was too much for them.Dined in the sea view restaurant on the friday evening food was well prepared and fresh.would love to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Kind regards, AWS.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Be sure to try sitting eating the most adequate breakfast overlooking the Forth Estuary and The Bass Rock. You will not want to hurry!!!-- Also book a room with a sea view it will cost a pound or two extra ==ask for one with a balcony-- buy a bottle of good white wine and just chill out!! == I honestly could find no faults with the Old Manor == OK it.s a wee bit tired in places and some of the carpets are well used== but its most clean and the girls are very welcoming== All in all a good part of a magnificent area !!!

Room Tip: Get a sea view room with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bordercurler

THank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay - what more can one say, except thanks and we hope to see you again soon! Plans are underway to upgrade certain parts of the hotel, as part of ongoing improvements. In the meantime, all the best. Regards, AWS.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lundin Links
#1 of 1 in Craigsanquhar
Fairmont St Andrews
Fairmont St Andrews
#4 of 17 in St. Andrews

Been to Old Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!