The road to the hotel has Tarmac only approximately half way.The other half is granite chips and in places is so badly rutted that I seriously doubt the common sense of the hotel management allowing the road (track) to be in such a state of disrepair.How can the hotel management expect patrons and expensive cars to use such a dire access road.?.Car parking is also extremely poor unless you are lucky enough to park beside main door, you are actually on Tarmac..other than that cars are expected to use dirt parking areas.Arriving with clean shoes on a wet day would be difficult as these dirt areas have no proper path to hotel door...The food service was truly awful.One example being..Ten minutes for a waitress to arrive and another twenty for the food to arrive and that was us having to go to reception to ask what was happening.?.We almost gave up in desparation and eventually anger.
We did use the pool and sauna but the spa is really in need of a major makeover.My wife noticed that they have something similar to a tent over the roof of the pool.All the glass seems to be missing.?The general decor of the spa is very poor with paint and tiles off the walls at various locations.The showers worked ok but the soap dispenser in the male showers had a cover lying on the floor that had been stuck onto the dispenser with what looked like Blu Tac.The changing rooms were nothing special and again in need of a makeover..On checking out Reception took fully ten minutes to print off a receipt as the "printer was playing up again"..Well how about fixing it..?
We certainly would not stay nor eat here again.Hotel management and owners need to themselves to be trained in how to "really" operate a professionally ran hotel..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting resplendent in 44 acres of lush meadowland, Crerar Hotel's Thainstone House has been lovingly restored to provide the very best in private and corporate hospitality. All 48 bedrooms which have been tastefully refurbished at Thainstone are created especially for your comfort. Elegant furnishings and restful décor are complemented by all the facilities that you would expect to find in a luxury hotel. In the sumptuous Georgian setting of the 2 AA Rosette awarded Green Lady restaurant you can linger over a mouthwatering menu prepared by our team of internationally trained chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thainstone House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swallow Thainstone House Hotel Inverurie
- Swallow Thainstone Hotel
- Thainstone House Hotel
- Swallow Thainstone Inverurie
- Thainstone Hotel
- Thainstone House Inverurie, Scotland