“great atmosphere”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here with a small group of friends. Platter to share was just the thing, served by the owner who was happy to chat about the types of ham/cheese/olives etc, despite being obviously busy. Others had soup which apparently was delicious. Small, slightly cluttered (in a good way), the Kilted Frog has a great atmosphere, very tempting smells and a fantastic array of food, local, french, continental. It is hard to believe you are in Main St Inverurie. After a very satisfying lunch I bought several little jars of goodies and some great fromage et jambon! A brilliant addition to Inverurie shops and eateries

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I must admit I like cafes and tea rooms with character, run by characters and The Kilted Frog meets both criteria. It is a while since I came here and the business has since expanded taking over the premises next door. This is a great improvement and the additional space is put to good use. I only had a good cup of coffee and a delicious apricot and almond tart but was very impressed with the quality. The owner brought a paper to my table to read and I found the place very relaxing. Good selection of continental food (and of course cheeses) to buy and I am looking forward to visiting again when next in Inverurie.

1  Thank ScotsTyke
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I visit The Kilted Frog regularly not only to eat but buy some of the wonderful produce the have in the Deli , that includes the best Brie I have tasted in this country, they make wonderful home made soups & sandwiches ,meat platters & quiche all freshly made to order , daily specials have led me to try some very interesting & delightful flavour combinations I would never have dreamt of. The Coffee is just streets ahead of anything in the area , keep it up Patrick & Team.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visited the kilted frog this morning with my 4 year old in tow and wanted to share how good this busy little cafe is. I had a Croq Monsieur and a cappicunio, whilst mini me had a ham croissant. He's a fussy eater at the best of times but not only ate all his food but asked for another. I had heard the custard tarts were well worth tasting and I wasn't disappointed - try one if you visit. The staff are friendly and it's a such a refreshing change to the high street coffee chains.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very quick service and impressive range of food for a relatively small premises. Hidden gem of the town :)