We had a delightful holiday at a charming Manor House in Monkton Combe village ten mins drive from Bath. It felt like it was in the middle of the countryside at the end of a 'no through road' - talk about 'off the beaten track'! At night there were owls hooting instead of car horns. We love good food, and had read on the website that the Fig Tree Restaurant would only be open on Friday and Saturday. Fortunately it was no problem because there were lots of nice country pubs around. The food at the Manor exceeded our expectation - it was fab. There is a young French chef and friendly waiter, and was really good value because we weren't charged for bringing our own wine. We stayed in the Bridal Suite - a huge light room with a king sized four poster bed - a real treat. Before we left, we were allowed to look round all the other rooms and noticed that the one your last two contributors stayed in was the cheapest by far and therefore smaller than all the other rooms. Even so it was bigger than any of the double rooms in our house and looked inviting with a big black leather bed and Starck chairs - modern furniture in old walls. When we booked we decided we wanted something a bit special so were prepared to pay more and we were very pleasantly surprised. The whole experience was better than the website led us to believe and other people staying at the same time agreed with us. We had a lovely holiday, explored Bath, Longleat, Wells and Stonehenge and it was nice to return after a busy day to such a comfortable and interesting old place. We shall return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restful, rambling Medieval Manor in country village 2.25miles/ 8 minutes drive from centre of Bath. Dating from 1262 with Tudor inglenook fire spacious ensuite bedrooms with TV, video, DVD, WIFI. Fantastic candlelit restaurant with excellent local reputation for fine food in 16th and 19th century dining rooms on Fridays, Saturdays. Bring Your Own Wine - No Corkage Charge! Rural walks along brook to local pubs, canal boat/bike hire 5 minutes wander. Parking, gardens. Heaven! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath Hotel Monkton Combe
- The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath UK - England