Simply this is a lovely house, that gives you a lovely welcome. A smile from Liz (who was looking after the place while the owners were away), was our welcome when we arrived, and so began the friendly atmosphere of "The Manor". A nice four poster in a room that may have needed some updating was ours for three nights (the bathroom was the let down being dark and needs to be re-done with good clean, simply it seems to have been forgotten) . It was however full of character and allowed us to relax in a quiet setting. Be aware that you will be challenged by a large breakfast......!!!, it's good!. So in short with a little updating this place would be charging twice as much, and as is is good value......nice friendly place.
Thanks to Liz, and the nice Manor........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restful, rambling Medieval Manor in country village 2.25miles/ 8 minutes drive from centre of Bath. Dating from 1262 with Tudor inglenook fire spacious ensuite bedrooms with TV, video, DVD, WIFI. Fantastic candlelit restaurant with excellent local reputation for fine food in 16th and 19th century dining rooms on Fridays, Saturdays. Bring Your Own Wine - No Corkage Charge! Rural walks along brook to local pubs, canal boat/bike hire 5 minutes wander. Parking, gardens. Heaven! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath Hotel Monkton Combe
- The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath UK - England